Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrGalaxyMan
Astronaut

Spotify Pausing/Stopping S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Samsung users,

I recently upgraded to the Galaxy S10+, and I am a frequent user of Spotify.

But ever since I started using Spotify on my S10+, I have had issues with the music suddenly pausing or stopping once the phone locks.

If it stops, then I pick it up or tap the screen it usually starts playing again, almost as if it went to sleep. Other times it simply stops playing when the current song ends, even though the setting to autoplay is on.

It does this regardless of power save mode or high performance mode.

It does this whether my Galaxy watch is connected or not.

It does it through the phone speaker or through aux cord or through bluetooth speaker.

At first I thought it had to do with a data consumption/power saving setting that suspends apps when in the background, but I am pretty sure I have turned those settings off and it still occurs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

3/22/19

Galaxy S10+

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamsungS10User
Astronaut

Re: Spotify Pausing/Stopping S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure Spotify and any other music apps are whitelisted for using data in background

Uncheck the option to make them go to sleep if not in use

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userKoemCQg4Zj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me few minutes ago with my S9. For some reason, Spotify was automaticaly added to apps with sleep mode on. Check your battery settings and apps in sleep mode.

user5wzyrf014V
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same problems, the battery and data saving on this phone is real aggressive. Make sure you check all the battery settings and add spotify to the list that can consume whatever it wants, sometimes it still blocks it. Reset your phone after you mess with settings. I also turned off adaptive battery saving.

SamsungS10User
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure Spotify and any other music apps are whitelisted for using data in background

Uncheck the option to make them go to sleep if not in use

userRp6OS5Ny0s
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems to have worked for my S9.

Thanks! 

Antonia

userAPZ4OVwRmk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried everything listed here and my s10 was still stopping my Spotify. I found if u go to settings, then Sounds and vibration, then scroll down to advanced sound settings, then Separate App Sound, then I added Spotify to this list. And presto it works as normal now! Hope this helps anyone who has tried everything like I did with no result.

MrGalaxyMan
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you all for the help!

I think I found the solution.

Under 'data usage' and 'data saver' I searched under apps and checked Spotify as an app that is permitted to use background data.

Samsung_0iecun2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think the galaxy 10 was made too quickly...i heard several people having issues with theirs. I have a 9S note...no issues at all

userGHNebfhrJC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here but it was my own fault as I had restricted the background use and data of Spotify. After changing that has been fine