cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUDYZjicu8C
Constellation

Sprint problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution to these horrendous signal issues? I was told they would be fixed in a "later" update but that was almost 3 months ago. I can barely use my phone as an actual phone without wifi. Another possible "solution" was to order a new unit and hope that phone wasn't plagued with the same issue. Anyone have a clue when and if this will be fixed?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Sprint problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There have been three solutions, depending on what causes the issue with the individual device.

1. The updates that have been pushed out have corrected the issue for many.

2. Sprint has offered resolutions for customers.

3. Samsung can set the phone up for service.

Have you been working with Sprint for any resolution?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There have been three solutions, depending on what causes the issue with the individual device.

1. The updates that have been pushed out have corrected the issue for many.

2. Sprint has offered resolutions for customers.

3. Samsung can set the phone up for service.

Have you been working with Sprint for any resolution?

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take your phone to a Sprint Service and Repair center. Have them run a diagnostic scan  

Mine failed the TX Power Test, indicating a bad modem.  If you purchased from Sprint, they should give you a replacement  I bought mine directly from Samsung,  so I now have to bring it to a Samsung repair center.

userLjNky1nh8L
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sprint will replace a faulty phone as it's a known issue. Where it gets interesting is if you have no Sprint corporate store in your area.  If you have a corporate store anywhere near you just go there and they will hopefully  be able to get you taken care of with minimal fuss. If you don't have one around it's a multi-step process getting it replaced with of course no guarentee the replacement will work any better than the original one, but it's worth a shot. Better than dealing with a phone that you can't even use as a phone! First step is calling support or getting on chat. In my experience chat is much faster, even better if you have Sprint Total Care and initiate the chat through them.

I'll save you the details of the troubles I went through with this process, let's just say it was more complicated than I expected.