cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Constellation

Status Bar Icons Missing After Jan 2020 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My status isn't showing any icon notifications. When I swipe the notification panel down in home screen I can see the notifications and also can see them on the lock screen but not on my status bar. This happened after recent Jan 2020 update android 10. 2.1 .

I have tried multiple steps to fixing this and nothing has worked for longer than a day.

Things I've tried:

1. Wipe Cache

2. Restart phone( soft restart)

3. Reset setting 

4. Reset network settings 

5. Deleting all 3rd party apps

6. Software reflash

7. The status bar notifications in setting are set to show "all notifications" for all my apps 

8. Optimize battery is off for all apps

9. Tried installing 3rd party launcher (this works for a full day and then stops again)

10. The do not disturb is off 

I honestly have ran out of ideas. And this feature is essential for me as a reminder of notifications. If any one has a fix other than factory reset (as this is a real pain to do).

I would really appreciate it. 

πŸ™ƒ

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Status Bar Icons Missing After Jan 2020 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If after troubleshooting the device the status bar is not showing notifications I recommend having your device evaluated by a Samsung authorized technician. You may take your device to your local UBreakIFix and they can usually have your device back to you within a day. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please send me a picture of the symptom you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20200624_122746.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@BB115982

When I manually change a notification from Alert to Silent and minimized it does not show the notification icon on the status bar or the lock screen. The show lock screen option can be changed independently regardless of the notifications priority. 

There is an ai on the phone that can automatically change notification priorities in the background. If you pull down the notification panel and see them marked as silent notifications then that's what's causing the issue.

If that's not it then you might try resetting the app preferences.  Also Wipe the system cache partition if you haven't already. 

As @SamsungAdam suggests it would be helpful to see a screenshot of the notification screen messages that don't appear in the status bar. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All apps are set to alert notifications.

I have already wiped cache partition.

How do i reset app preferences? 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

@BB115982

Open system settings, apps. Tap the the 3 vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the page. On the menu that opens select Reset App Preferences. Read the information notice that slides up and proceed.

Hopefully @SamsungAdam will take a look at the great screenshot you provided. He can see things that I don't and suggest a few things that might resolve this issue.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have deleted all 3rd party apps and reset App preferences and this still not fix the issue. 

The recent security patch and improvements update on June 25, 2020 fixed the issue for 2 days and then the problem started to occur again. 

Does anyone have a solution for this yet?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If after troubleshooting the device the status bar is not showing notifications I recommend having your device evaluated by a Samsung authorized technician. You may take your device to your local UBreakIFix and they can usually have your device back to you within a day. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a frustrating issue to be experiencing on a brand new device.

I've tried all of the mentioned and I'm also having the same problem. My device is up to date as of to day. Build QP1A.190711.020.G965USQU7EGT2

I've tried other things under Special Access as well. Including: 'Appear On Top', "Adaptive Notifications', and 'Notification Access'. Changing these seemed to have no effect.

However, I did find one very consistent thing. The notification icons will show if they come in with the screen on. But if they arrive when the screen is off they do not. It's hard to tell, but it looks like when you turn the screen on you can see for a moment the icons being wiped from the display. They also come back if you pull down the status bar, or change apps.

Far as I can tell what launcher you use does not matter.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Swipe down twice to open the quick panel. Click the 3 dots and select "Status bar". Is the "Show notification icons" enabled?