cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Status Bar/ Notification Display Flickers

My Samsung S10e's Status bar ( the bar at the top of the display that contains information such as battery, notifications, cell signal etc.) has started flickering today from what I suspect is the most recent update. This is especially annoying when trying to text as it also responds to screen refreshing caused by "key" presses or by refreshing app/browser pages.

Any help?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Status Bar/ Notification Display Flickers

Yes, same here! This issue started to occur directly after the most recent update. Very annoying.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yep, it started such flickers right after the recent update. Any thing we can do to make this go away?
Highlighted

I figured out if you turn the setting off that hides the camera cutout the status bar no longer flashes. This is definitely not a permanent solution because it doesn't allow apps in full screen...  The DEVS will have to "fix the bug" 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, I found something that worked for me.  If you install an app called Super Status Bar from the app store, and run it, and then stop it.  It solved whatever software conflict was causing the status bar to flicker.  It works when the phone has the "hide cut out" option on as well.

Highlighted
Asteroid

What do you mean by starting and stopping this app your talking about ???

Highlighted
Asteroid

Install the application.  It has a start button.  Push it.  It will then turn into a stop button.  Push that.  Your problem is now solved and the status bar won't flicker.  You know need to go throw the safe mode rabbit hole.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Omg thank you!!! This worked!!   

@userbbhv6DZN2l wrote:

Yes, I found something that worked for me.  If you install an app called Super Status Bar from the app store, and run it, and then stop it.  It solved whatever software conflict was causing the status bar to flicker.  It works when the phone has the "hide cut out" option on as well.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes, I have been having this issue. I cannot find any other solutions as well. For the time being I guess its just deal with the annoying camera cutout, beats watching my status bar have seizures.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Install the app I mentioned, start it and stop it, and you won't have to deal with it.