JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are almost mid july and still no update on sm-g975u1 😀😢😠(last update was may

)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Still No Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Updates are released/pushed out by the carriers, so it's T-mobile/Sprint/Verizon, etc. that determines when that happens.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "βœ“ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Updates are released/pushed out by the carriers, so it's T-mobile/Sprint/Verizon, etc. that determines when that happens.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "βœ“ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the 975U1 being carrier unlocked, why would those updates be pushed by the various carrirers? Isn't the U1 firmware carrier agnostic and thus should be maintained and updated directly from Samsung? 

amanda95
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ChrisWNY wrote:

AT&T and Verizon push updates from their servers, while the other carrier updates are pushed from Samsung's own servers.

Samsung doesn't simply relinquish the management of update process control to the carriers.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

U1 phones receive updates last. It was my main gripe during my time with the U1 S10+. Anyway, the update will likely arrive in late July - early August based on past trends. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Sdrickert01
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Personally I think that is a horrible way to treat customers that choose to purchase and unlocked phone, especially when they are purchased from Samsung directly.  Just another reason I am quickly looksing faith in Samsung and I hate saying these things but it's the truth.  It seems like Samsung focuses only on the sale and then could care less about the customers that keep them in business.  No matter how good a companies product people will go elsewhere if they continue down this path.  

Highlighted

It depends on who you ask. Ask any carrier and for unlock...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It depends on who you ask. Ask any carrier and for unlocked they will tell you Samsung. On the other hand Samsung will always tell you it is the carrier. One lies and neither seem to care to help. My personal solution is to just boycott future Samsung purchases.

Sdrickert01
Asteroid

Re: It depends on who you ask. Ask any carrier and for unlock...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thought about that and know there isn't enough people that would actually partake in the boycott to even put a dent in their business.  It cannot be the carriers because the updates are by Samsung so I am assuming that Samsung releases their updates to their prefered carriers first.  That makes it all Samsungs poor business model of sales and money over any customer care.  Something needs to change at Samsung or they will eventually fail.  I loved Samsung products for a while now but I am quickly loosing all faith in this company!  

Putting money over customers never works out in the end because ultimately the customers will get sick of it and no matter how great their product is they will go elsewhere.  I hope they remove the CEO and upper management or something drastic to change the course of this company.  It's stock is already starting to be affected.  Pretty soon shareholder will be saying something.

Sdrickert01
Asteroid

Re: It depends on who you ask. Ask any carrier and for unlock...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thought about that and know there isn't enough people that would actually partake in the boycott to even put a dent in their business.  It cannot be the carriers because the updates are by Samsung so I am assuming that Samsung releases their updates to their prefered carriers first.  That makes it all Samsungs poor business model of sales and money over any customer care.  Something needs to change at Samsung or they will eventually fail.  I loved Samsung products for a while now but I am quickly loosing all faith in this company!  

Putting money over customers never works out in the end because ultimately the customers will get sick of it and no matter how great their product is they will go elsewhere.  I hope they remove the CEO and upper management or something drastic to change the course of this company.  It's stock is already starting to be affected.  Pretty soon shareholder will be saying something.

userVnMb5GMDaD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called samsung a few days ago about this. I was told it was cause by google who pushes out the software. My S10+ still does not have the June update and its August 1st. Samsung said they were going to have up dates more timely. Mt cell carrier blamed Samsung. Who can I believe?