cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomassonbr
Constellation

Still on May 1st security update

Does anyone else have a more recent security update for any of the unlocked S10 variants? Pretty disappointed that I'm seeing S9s getting July updates while I have already paid in full for my unlocked version of an s10. I feel like this is a reoccurring story that Samsung really doesn't feel interested in fixing.

12 REPLIES 12

I have an unlocked S10 plus, I got the update yesterday,...

I have an unlocked S10 plus, I got the update yesterday, still missing the August update though!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Still on May 1st security update

If you have T-MObile sim card inserted the update will not work you need to either pop out the sim card or insert another sim card even if non active to update the unlocked s10

MYuS10
Astronaut

Re: Still on May 1st security update

I confirm this method works, I had a VZ sim laying around, popped into my unlocked s10, let it the phone reboot to work with the VZ (new sim, but no service)  network, once it's completed/ phone registered, went into updates while on wifi, and the July updates pulled through. 

amk
Cosmic Ray

Tried removing t mobile Sim but it still wouldn't update

Tried removing t mobile Sim but it still wouldn't update

userHxB0fwbtRt
Asteroid

Re: Tried removing t mobile Sim but it still wouldn't update

Will Tmobile users need to do this for every update?  Please give us more details.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Only for the mean time. T-Mobile is having issues with the test units with VoLTE and LTE Band 71 performance so they are delaying the certification request from samsung. Maybe on next update it is on time.

MYuS10
Astronaut

I have been meaning to ask this, as I noticed VolTE and Wifi calling seemingly went into glitch mode, VoLTE mytersiouly disseapeared and Wifi callign menu is blank, used to show "wifi or celluar preffered" options, now its just 2 dotted blank menus, though you'd still be able to know which preference is chosen once you go back one step to the menu. 

userPMAXSCJH2W
Cosmic Ray

Hi Red Dragon. I noticed you had said that to someone in...

Hi Red Dragon. I noticed you had said that to someone in the past and I tried it and it did not work. If you take out the SIM card then the phone won't communicate with T-Mobile for the updates. If you do it via Wi-Fi there is no difference with not having the SIM card in. I also put in an unactivated SIM card and that did not work either

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Hi Red Dragon. I noticed you had said that to someone in...

This might only work on Unlocked USA devices and yes insert other sim card and use wifi to update. If you didn't receive the update you might have the latest one.