cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservD6nTIWEoi
Asteroid

Strange multi colour line

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While scrolling on a white background I've noticed at the bottom of the screen there's a thin line of coloured pixels that only seem to show on light coloured backgrounds.

Sent an email to Samsung the other day and no reply as yet. Anyone knows what's going on here?

20190314_141838.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Strange multi colour line

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you sure it's not a scratch on the screen protector? If it isn't just return the phone and get a replacement

7 REPLIES 7
Iamhere
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Return it & get another one.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Return it. Not worth dealing with. Get a new one

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you sure it's not a scratch on the screen protector? If it isn't just return the phone and get a replacement

uservD6nTIWEoi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't look like a scratch on the protector. If I turn off the screen and start inspecting that area in the light I can't make out any obvious scratch.

It also doesn't seem to show on darker backgrounds which isI expect if it was a scratch.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could be wrong but this looks like a moire pattern. Google that for details. Here is a copy of information from a Google search that gives a start on the subject.

"What is moire pattern in photography?

When odd stripes and patterns appear in your images, this is called a moiré effect. This visual perception occurs when a fine pattern on your subject meshes with thepattern on the imaging chip of your camera, and you see a third separate pattern. (This happens to me a lot when I take a photo of my laptop screen).Nov 20, 2015"

That is not my info but a direct copy from the search I did when I saw your issue

uservD6nTIWEoi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update guys, thought just before I send it back I better remove the screen protector. Turns out it IS on the under side of the protector.

Going to try and claim for a new protector or just get one from Amazon.

Cheers for the suggestions.

userBmTU8TryMD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found a rare problem with s10 display.While increasing brightness slowly i mean really slowly i can see display color changing from normal to slight purple this happens again and again while dragging to its max slowly and steadily.