Original topic:

Switching Phones

(Topic created on: 2/20/21 6:20 AM)
userFeow6KyVWI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Was told by Samsung to wait for the next update to fix the horrendous last one. Updated today. No new features. Still can't hide the stupid, ugly black dot that is the front camera. It won't disappear and remains on the screen when apps are open and interferes with the use of those apps. Literally there is nothing that changed in this update. Will be switching to a competitor's device. Samsung has really declined. So disappinted. People buy phones because they like the device and should not be forced to change how the device functions because some intern at Samsung wants some ridiculous, useless new feature. Done with Samsung. 

4 Replies
Dougsteward1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
this wasn't an update but a security patch
0 Likes
userFeow6KyVWI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Whatever it was, it made my device's functionality worse. 

0 Likes
PraviinM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10
what do you mean the black dot in the middle of the apps?
it' is a fully functioning front camera lens in there. you cannot move it. that's how the phone is designed.
just so you know, all phones with a front camera have that now.
0 Likes
userFeow6KyVWI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

There was a setting to hide the front camera so the camera didn't show. (Google it-many are displeased with this setting was removed). That setting was taken away and now there is a huge black dot that interfers with app and device use on every screen. I am aware of of how phones are designed, but am displeased that these updates are decreasing my ability to customize my device to my preference as well as making my device not work properly. 

0 Likes