cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Temperamental charging on galaxy s10, sometimes charges, other times doesn't

I have a strange problem that is happening in my galaxy s10. It has been fine until this morning when it started charging sproadically. When the phone is plugged into the charger, it knows its plugged in, and sometimes it charges but other times it doesn't. The battery will drain as though it's not plugged in. Toggled the fast charging feature has no effect. It still behaves like this.

I took it into the dealer about an hour ago to complain about it. We plugged it in (mind you, to an iphone power brick) and, of course, the darn thing started charging. So what was I to tell the guy at the dealer? It's like having a problem with a car, and it doesn't do it when you take it to the mechanic Smiley Sad

The phone seems to stop charging and use the battery as though it was plugged in when it's doing something - like updating lots of apps - or when it's hot. Though I haven't conclusively confirmed this. It was nice and cool by the time the dealer plugged it in.

I would have expected it would at least not drain the battery when plugged in, even when the phone is actively doing stuff. Is this normal behaviour for this phone? I just find it strange I haven't noticed it until this morning.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Temperamental charging on galaxy s10, sometimes charges, other times doesn't

Are you using the original charger that came with the S10? Have you tried another charger with your S10?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Temperamental charging on galaxy s10, sometimes charges, other times doesn't

I've tried two different chargers, both genuine samsung fast chargers and usb cables

I think the problam may be related to temperature

I've notcie since I initially posted that this seems to happen when the phone is warm

When I say warm, I don't even mean hot. It's not like, OMG my phone is really hot. It's just a bit warm. I've had phones overheat before and it's not like that. But it seems to happen when the phone, well, isn't cool.

It was just happening now (not charging) and I put my phone on a bag of frozen peas and it started charging

Highlighted
Astronaut

My galaxy s10 plus just started to behave in the same manner. I too thought it was related to temperature, but like yours, I would not dare say my phone was hot/warm either. It is a hit or miss issue with my phone as well.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.