JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Text Typing/Read Settings Not Working

(Topic created on: 9/21/20 2:55 PM)
LadyofLight
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

After the most recent update (One UI 1.1), I am unable to see when people are typing or when someone has read my messages. I double checked to see if Advanced Messaging was turned on, and it is. I restarted the phone and wiped the cache partition, then when that failed to change the issue, I force stopped the Messages app then cleared all data. Still no change. Help?

17 Replies
Robb69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10
I haven't experienced that type of problem but it sounds like it'll work on its own or until Samsung puts out a fix or update. good luck :thumbs_up:
steph772001
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10
This only happens when texting my husband.  Other text show this. How do I fix it?
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Make sure he has these settings turned on in his messaging app to allow others to see when he is typing and when messages are read.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
LadyofLight
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
yup. fixed on its own
0 Likes
userKSZ9JzEBJO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
whenever I type a text message it types a duplicate! this happened after the last update. how do I fixtbis?
0 Likes
LadyofLight
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
restarting the phone seemed to help; oddly enough, the problem went away on its own. ???
0 Likes
Robb69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10
it fixed itself after the last 2 updates
0 Likes
sadie1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I used to be able to see my messages being read and also see when they're typing now I don't see any of that just my messages
0 Likes