cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Text messages disappearing

I have checked my phone no updates are needed on apps from what I have seen from Google or Samsung No software updates. I have cleared the cash out of my messaging app which is the stock app. And I have believed I've cleaned out the cash in my phone but if you can give me the steps on doing that I can confirm that I've done it. Sometimes my screen tends to shake other than that I haven't had any issues but I would like to get my text messages either back or from deleting that would be nice.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Text messages disappearing

Phone being hacked???
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have turned look out on and it doesn't show any bugs or viruses.

Highlighted
Astronaut

only time I had that was w a android and my husband was hacking my phone
Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't have that problem I would gladly hand them over my phone. And he's not that knowledgeable on cell phones. I'm trying to reset my cash on my phone. I have not been able to get it to do it yet I think it's just a user issue. let me just reset my phone but I don't want to do that due to Wi-Fi and everything else

Highlighted
Asteroid

Him not them

@NancyB1 wrote:

I don't have that problem I would gladly hand them over my phone. And he's not that knowledgeable on cell phones. I'm trying to reset my cash on my phone. I have not been able to get it to do it yet I think it's just a user issue. let me just reset my phone but I don't want to do that due to Wi-Fi and everything else

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@NancyB1

Check Samsung cloud backup and restore. Select restore and look for the messages app. 

Wipe System Cache Partition. 

1. Turn off the device.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 to 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.

5. Press Power key to select.

6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, 

7. Press the Power key to wipe the system cache partition. 

8. Once it's complete it will automatically highlight Reboot System Now.

9. Press the Power Key to restart the device.

I usually power off, press and hold all three keys until it displays the recovery console then release all three keys, then follow the steps to navigate to wipe cache partition, and reboot the phone.

There is an option in messages settings that automatically deletes old messages depending on the number of messages you've sent. Sms, mms and chat have different number counts the number count is pretty high for all three.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I was able to clear the cache off my phone. I was good for a day or two and it is happening again. What do I have to do with Samsung cloud? All my apps are updated. I am down loading a new update I got today.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still experiencing these symptoms after the update?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

So far I think I am good but I am not totally convinced yet.

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still experiencing these symptoms after the update?