cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Text messages jumps to beginning of messages while typing

While I'm typing a text that's more than one sentence, the blinking line jumps all the way to the beginning of the text paragraph. It only does this while I'm in the message app. I have to delete the error at the front of the message, then press the end of the message to resume typing. Any reason why this is happening? It's very annoying. Never had this issue with my Note 9.
38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Text messages jumps to beginning of messages while typing

This is happening to me too. It wasn't happening the first day, but is now. You're right. Very annoying. Has anyone given you suggestions?

Highlighted
Constellation

same here..so annoying especially if you don't catch it quickly and have typed a long message 

Highlighted
Constellation

Found this searching Google.  I have the same issue with my S10e!  Very annoying.  Stock messages app and I can use any keyboard (mainly use Gboard but does it stock or with Swiftkey as well).

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm not sure if that will fix it bcuz I don't have to type after the first word and it'll jump back without doing anything. This has been going on since my note 8 edge. Its more than just a settings issue....

Highlighted

Wife had the same issue with her s10+, when typing message using Google keyboard.

There was a setting somewhere in the gboard keyboard menu which I disabled that fixed her issue. It related to swiping the spacebar inadvertantly causing the cursor to jump back to the beginning of the sentence. I disabled the swipe spacebar related functionality. Issue resolved.

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried that and it seemed to help but it came back.  Settings are the same.  It seems random but it happens often enough to be highly annoying!

Highlighted

Screenshot_20190514-092005_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

You have to change this setting as well as General-> Language and Input->on screen keyboard->Samsung Keyboard->swipe, touch, and feedback->touch and hold space bar to "No Action"

Highlighted
Astronaut

Screenshot_20200527-164817_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

Did what you said and nothing changed :/