cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Text messages jumps to beginning of messages while typing

On my S10e, I did a force stop on the app and no more problems.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got a new S20 and it is still happening. Happened on my S10 as well. The S10 was riddled with bugs in gmail and messaging. I think I am done with Samsung at this point. A flagship phone should not have problems with text messaging and gmail. I have tried all these remedies and quite frankly am sick of going to UbreakIfix for software updates, reading forums like this, and being told by Samsung that I have to send my brand new phone to Texas for 10 days without a loaner phone being offered. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Never had this but check settings to see if cursor contro...

Never had this but check settings to see if cursor control is on

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm actually having this same issue as well, but ONLY in the texting app. I have yet to have it happen while searching or even typing this from my phone. I haven't found out what the issue is either, but I'll put money it has something to due with the 2nd post launch update because that's around when it started happening to me.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Are you using the default keyboard or do you a have a cus...

Are you using the default keyboard or do you a have a custom one installed?

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm getting the same issue. I also noticed it's not really a typing thing. It's almost a timing thing. I tested this by not touching the phone at all when it starts doing it and sure enough, it blinks back to the beginning with no input. So I don't think it's related to any gesture settings.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue. I have the s10 and it started doing it the first day that I bought it. I checked all my settings just like others have suggested, I even cleared my cache and it still does it. Luckily I have only had my phone for a week so I can exchange it for a new one, but with so many people having the same issue I'm afraid my replacement phone will do the same thing.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey there.... Not sure if you fixed your problem yet but I finally figured out something that worked!

I use SwiftKey...... I went to settings and cleared all cashe from the reg message app and all data and then disabled the app.

Now everything works great! 

I have s10 by the way. 

Hope that helps! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Verified that clearing the cache and clearing the data from the default messages app, the clicking Force Stop, worked for me. No more jumping cursor!

Highlighted
Astronaut

This has been driving me crazy but someone else posted about adjust the settings and I think I fixed it!

Go to the keyboard settings when in a text screen and go to "swipe, touch, and feedback" settings. Click "touch and hold space bar" and click "no swipe gestures"

I haven't had a problem since I made those adjustments.