cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Touchscreen Issues

I saw a post/thread about this issue from April and read through it all, but none of the suggested ideas are resolving this issue for me. My S10's touch screen, the bottom portion, just seemed to stop responding yesterday out of nowhere. I have to press really hard to get anything to work at all. I checked the One UI app - there are no updates that I need to install. I installed the most recent system update in March.  So far I have tried the two things below. First resolution: no updates available to install. Second resolution: I do not see any "gestures hints" button/link/option when I go to Settings > Display > Navigation Bar. I only see a choice btw Navigation Buttons and Full Screen Gestures. No matter which one I select, the same issue occurs with the touch screen. Has anyone been able to resolve this? Thanks!

First Resolution:

1. Navigate to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  3. Select One UI Home
  4. If there are updates that need to be uninstalled, you will see uninstall in the bottom left hand corner. If there are no updates that need to be uninstalled, you will see “Disable”.

Second Resolution:

1. Settings
  2. Go to display
  3. Select Navigation Bar
  4. Select Gesture hints, and enable them.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Touchscreen Issues

Thank you for reaching out . Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried that (I think the post/thread from April that I had read through someone had suggested that). In Safe mode the behavior is exactly the same. Something is definitely up, this came out of nowhere and I don't think the people who were in the April thread reported this as resolved either.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. I would recommend a service repair.  We have a couple of options available:

1. UbreakIfix- authorized walk-in service center

2. Ship your device in for service

If you wish to ship your device in for service, can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am much more interested in knowing what is going on. This is not a physical device. It started out of nowhere, it has not been dropped, nothing has spilled on it, etc. Others have reported the same issue and it doesn't not look like everyone has reported it as resolved. I have no One UI update to install, safe mode doesn't work, enabling gesture hints does nothing. This is really frustrating and the answer you give me is to send in my phone and pay someone to tell me my phone is broken, which is not the case. No thanks. I guess I'll look to buy a new phone but it wont' be a Samsung.