Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user5BNe60SRu9
Asteroid

Toyota Camry 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have been using Samsung Galaxy S9+ with my Toyota Camry via Bluetooth for over a year now no real issues. Syncs contacts like a charm. Got a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and it works with Toyota Camry for everything but syncing contacts. When pairing phone to car phone asks for permission to access contacts. I answer yes and everything completes with no errors, but contacts never sync to car so calls only show the number not the name on the Toyota screen. Samething happens with my wife's S10 plus. So I think it is a phone issue. What is the issue? How can it be fixed? Thanks
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user5BNe60SRu9
Asteroid

Re: Toyota Camry 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Contacted Toyota Entune support and they have been having issues with Andriod 9 phones.  I told them that our Samsung Galaxy S9+ running android 9 worked fine until we upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S10+.

They have no further troulbleshooting at this time.  Their techs are supposedly working on the fix.  No direction was given other than to check back with support  or see if there push out a software update that you can download to a thumb drive and update the care with.

https://www.toyota.com/entune/support/

****Then over the weekend T-mobile pushed out an update to my phone.  Jumped in the car this morning and after 20-30 seconds all my contacts sync-ed and appeared in the Toyota Entune display.

Looks like it was a Samsung issue and the new update update that fixed the problem.****

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Red-Beard
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I have it fixed. See my solution here. It is a power saving function causing the issue. You do not fix it in the Bluetooth menu or in the Program options. You have to find the App in the APPS menu and look for additional settings. My issue came up with Amazon Music. I fixed the issue for both power savings and background data for streaming.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Bluetooth-issues/m-p/540230/highlight/true#M10638

user5BNe60SRu9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not getting choppy audio.

My contacts will not sync to the car.

It is a one time or everytime Bluetooth datadata request when the car establishes Bluetooth data connection.

If I manually request the contact sync from the car it tries but the phone never responds and the sync times out.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was the S9+ on Android 8.0 or 9.0? I noticed the S10 or S10+ is not listed as compatible with the Entune System on the Camry. This makes me think it is software related.

user5BNe60SRu9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Started as 8 but was upgraded to 9 three or four months before I switched to the Galaxy s10 plus

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you know if the firmware is up to date with the vehicle Bluetooth? 

user5BNe60SRu9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't. 

Don't even know how to update.  I assume the dealer would have to.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend contacting the Entune Support to verify compatibility and make sure the firmware is up to date. I was able to find this support number for them: tel:1-800-331-4331.

user5BNe60SRu9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Contacted Toyota Entune support and they have been having issues with Andriod 9 phones.  I told them that our Samsung Galaxy S9+ running android 9 worked fine until we upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S10+.

They have no further troulbleshooting at this time.  Their techs are supposedly working on the fix.  No direction was given other than to check back with support  or see if there push out a software update that you can download to a thumb drive and update the care with.

https://www.toyota.com/entune/support/

****Then over the weekend T-mobile pushed out an update to my phone.  Jumped in the car this morning and after 20-30 seconds all my contacts sync-ed and appeared in the Toyota Entune display.

Looks like it was a Samsung issue and the new update update that fixed the problem.****

View solution in original post