cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Porcoline
Asteroid

Trade-in Requirement not met.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got an email saying my trade-in requirement was not met. Their reason was that my device was not reset, even though I factory resetted it, and I even recorded it when I turned my phone back on briefly before packaging it. 

They also sent me two photos of the phone with some hard-board papers with words "Locked," and "Cracked" on it. Yes, my phone is "Locked," because I bought it full price from T-mobile. But they didn't ask me or request for an unlocked phone. 

Also, I am beyond mad that they implied my phone was cracked. I've always used screen protector and case, and when I took them off to send in my phone, there weren't even a speckle of dust or scratch. No smudges. It looked brand new. 

So, I think Samsung is doing this on purpose to scam us that $550 because they probably will have trouble refurbishing phones and reselling them. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Trade-in Requirement not met.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to ECommerce. They can be reached 1-855-726-8721

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to ECommerce. They can be reached 1-855-726-8721

View solution in original post

userc4DmkljLFr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you remove it from your Google account devices after reset? Maybe that's it.

Porcoline
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what does google have to do with anything? I just followed instructions on samsung/youtube video. Took out my sim card. Factory reset it. Turned it back on briefly to see if It worked, and it did, because the first thing was to ask me to set up language/etc, like you would see a new phone. I turned it back off and put it in the box. 

userovo5YQwbub
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get resolution to this??? The exact same thing happened to me.  

Domo900
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have to remove the activation lock, when you reset a an Android you have to sign in with the last Google account, unless you remove it from your account before resetting.

userc4DmkljLFr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my last trade in Gazelle refused it even though I did factory reset. Only after I went into my Google account and removed it as a device, did they accept it. Just a thought.

Samsung took my galaxy 8 as a trade with mo issues.

Porcoline
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

talked to eCommerce and has been resolved<3

userjmqNMEXOA0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just received an email stating my mother's Samsung 7 Edge did not meet trade in requirements as they state there is a small crack on the botttom front. I am confused as the phone was not cracked when I sent it to Samsung.  So glad I took photos prior to mailing the phone to Samsung AND used bubble wrap.  My pictures clearly show that the phone was not cracked and I should not lose my trade-in value.  Tonight I emailed Samsung and attached photos of the phone to the email of what the phone looked like prior to putting into their box.  I called a few minutes ago and the gentleman at Samsung had me send pics of the phone to him.  I surely hope he can resolve this issue.  Pretty bad when I added bubble wrap for added protection as their box was so large. I am hoping this issue can be resolved.  So thought this trade-in program would be a good idea; but has only caused my mother much distress as she is on a limited income. So hope I am wrong and that Samsung would rectify the issue.  She had a screen protector on it too.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userjmqNMEXOA0 wrote:

Just received an email stating my mother's Samsung 7 Edge did not meet trade in requirements as they state there is a small crack on the botttom front. I am confused as the phone was not cracked when I sent it to Samsung.  So glad I took photos prior to mailing the phone to Samsung AND used bubble wrap.  My pictures clearly show that the phone was not cracked and I should not lose my trade-in value.  Tonight I emailed Samsung and attached photos of the phone to the email of what the phone looked like prior to putting into their box.  I called a few minutes ago and the gentleman at Samsung had me send pics of the phone to him.  I surely hope he can resolve this issue.  Pretty bad when I added bubble wrap for added protection as their box was so large. I am hoping this issue can be resolved.  So thought this trade-in program would be a good idea; but has only caused my mother much distress as she is on a limited income. So hope I am wrong and that Samsung would rectify the issue.  She had a screen protector on it too.

Someone on xda forum had an issue with trade in of iPhone 7(back in March), where he received an email saying it wasn't accepted and so on.  He contacted Samsung, spoke with either manager or a rep and provided images.  They promised him to re-test, long story short - the trade in was accepted.