cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Trade-in program question S10/S10+/S10e

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long does the validation of trade in normally take? My wife and I did the trade in program. She ordered first. Since only one trade in per address can be actice, mine was put on hold. Her phone was delivered over two weeks ago and I'm my phone still hasn't shipped. I have received 4 different answers from customer support. I have been quoted 2-3, 5, 7, unknown business days. All but the last time I called, I was told my order could be released if it goes past the quoted days (which got progressively longer). Not too happy pre-ordering a phone only to have to wait for a month after release for it to ship.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a nightmare of a service with Samsung wireless. I followed every step prior to sending my pristine and operational s8. Approximatelly 60 days later I receive notification that my s8 did not meet requirements (being reset, and powering on). I have had multiple chats, calls with Samsung saying they are looking into it, but keep getting like a copy and paste response. I sent an email with proof of the s8 having plenty of charge and being fully reset to factory settings and at the welcome screen. 
I am not going to let this company scam me of $300 credit for my trade in.  I have purchased s3,s5, s7, and s8, (still have the s3, and s5 that are operational). Never had an issue as I got them through Verizon. Now that I went directly to Samsung, because the alleged "better trade-in value". I am so dissappointed and disgusted by these type of tactics. I am trying to find a manager here in the U.S. who could address this issue, but see in threads that I am not the only one. I will not give up. This is unfair, and criminal that this company creates terms and conditions to cover themselves and not honor the commitment to the program they created. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Watch out. They will claim you didnt reset your phone and charge back the discount. 

Bunch of liars and scammers. I sent video evidence of factory reset.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also was being scammed. They said I did not reset my phone was locked, ALL A LIE.

I wrote a physical letter to the CEO and after 3 days, I got an email saying my trade in was accepted..

Aggravation deluxe. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.  I'm looking at trading my S9+ in to get the discount on the 10+ and am wondering how tightly the parameters are followed when considering damage to the phone being traded in.  What exactly is considered normal wear and tear?  I have a few small scratches on the back of the phone simply from setting it on different surfaces, and the paint on one corner is slightly worn from a drop.  Does anyone really know how much damage is too much in order to be ineligible for the trade in rebate?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Scratches should be fine, but any cracks, no matter now small will likely disqualify your device. It's hard to tell for sure, but when you place an order it asks you few questions. "Does your phone have any scratches" is not one of those questions. They ask if it turns on, not locked with someone's account I think, and if the screen is free of cracks. Make sure to take some pictures right before you send it in, just in case.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i did ask this question before when I traded in my S8+ for S9+ and here is the support answered me:

Sai Anvesh Pipper, 08 May. 2018, 5:09am
Normal wear and tear may be due to:
Electrical connector damaged,housing damage.

Sai Anvesh Pipper, 08 May. 2018, 5:10am
Cracked Camera Lens .

Electrical Connector Damaged : The electrical connector was inspected and damage was found on the charging port or charging pins that goes beyond normal wear and tear.

Has Housing Damage: The phone casing was inspected and a break or crack was found that goes beyond normal wear and tear.

Cracked Camera Lens : The camera lens was inspected and a crack was found that was beyond normal wear and tear. This includes any cracks and small hairline fissures on the camera.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung 9+,I have all the storage that is with the phone and it looks like it just came out of box,what is trade in value?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not think Samsung is going to give you a better trade-in value just because it came out of the box. Note 8 and anything after in Galaxy S family lineup, they are offering $550 trade-in value. You can check out the trade-in value by starting a pre-ordering process.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-s10/buy/

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

$550 and it's great. Trade In values are really big these days. Companies used to maybe offer $200 for the latest phones just a year or two ago. Now it's normal to ger $450-550 for fairly recent devices, making it easy to upgrade more often if desired.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1