cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdmBaswWsQj
Asteroid

Transfer only photos and music

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a way to only transfer my photos and music to my new Samsung s10 plus from my s8. I tried transferring everything and it messed up my notification settings on my new phone and I couldn't correct it even when talking to Samsung technical support. So I reset my new s10 back to factory settings and started from scratch. Now I have my new s10 set up with all my apps just the way I want it. The problem is that I have photos on my old phone I want and songs I bought from iTunes when I had an iPhone that I managed to download to Samsung music.

HOW do I transfer ONLY my photos and songs from my s8 to my s10plus. (So it would be photos from my gallery and songs that are in Samsung music that I need transferred.)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Transfer only photos and music

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i would copy everything from you S8 to the SD card just copy all the folders to your sd cand and then just insert your card into the S10

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
userdmBaswWsQj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry. My old phone is an s8 not an s8.

userdmBaswWsQj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S7 not an s8 (sigh)

Vido
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Use smart switch and select only photos and music as the items to be sent from the old phone.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i would copy everything from you S8 to the SD card just copy all the folders to your sd cand and then just insert your card into the S10

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

userdmBaswWsQj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. I didn't know I could select certain items on smart switch.

Highlighted
MMCRN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can also backup all photos to Google photos....free with unlimited storage

user2pDiK8wtyh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The way to only transfer your photos and music to your new Samsung s10 plus from your s8 is using mobile phone transfer tool. After linking both of them to computer via usb cables or wifi, the tool will sacn out all data on it, including photos and music. Then you can choose photos and music to transfer.