cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red_Bird
Constellation

Transfering Music

Hi. I've just switched my phone from my S6 to S10 and now I don't know how to transfer music from my computer (windows) to my phone. I'd love to get some help. I don't know if you can even do it but I wonder if its quite possible.

I have tried connecting my USB to my computer and connecting to my phone and looked for S10's files for music but theres nothing in there.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Transfering Music

Have you tried using Smart switch to effortlessly transfer the information to your new device? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Leinz
Halo

1st, you need to manually grant data access to the PC. A prompt will appear on the phone asking to allow access whilst it's unlocked. Next, switch USB mode to transferring files on the S10 from charging (look in notification list)

Your S6 would also need to be in MTP mode, otherwise nothing can be moved between the devices. If Windows is still unable to access your S10 try using another USB port. Preferably USB2 instead of 3. Once they're both connected you can move files effortlessly. But it's a lot easier to switch the SD card between them. Fewer steps too. 

Boomdart
Astronaut

You may need to enable USB debugging on your phone, it's easy just Google it.

When you are connected to your computer make a folder on your phone called music and drag the music files from your computer into it.

I use an app called Clean Music to play such files because it doesn't check the internet for anything, has no ads, is free, small install size, lists music on file names instead of id3 tags, and it has little to no features at all. Personally I like this as it does what it needs to do without any over bloated nonsense. If you use this program you can easily navigate to the music folder and play from it, just use the settings to make the music folder your default directory.