cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Nate_
Cosmic Ray

US Unlocked S10/ S10+ on Verizon

Please reply ONLY if you own the "Unlocked by Samsung" model of the Galaxy S10 or S10+

I understand that with unlocked phones certain features may not be available. I'm currently on T-Mobile and the following work:

-VoLTE

-WIFI Calling

I'm thinking about switching to Verizon (bought unlocked model because I switch carriers periodically) and want to know if those features currently work. I appreciate all feedback but please only reply if you have the us unlocked model and have tested these features on the Verizon network.

On T-Mobile VoLTE and wifi calling can be verified the following ways (may be slightly different with a Verizon sim inserted)

- Wifi calling:

Open phone app -> tap 3 dots at top right -> scroll down, wifi calling should be an option.

-VoLTE:

When placing a call, LTE should remain connected. You'll notice higher audio quality on the call when calling someone else who is also on Verizon.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: US Unlocked S10/ S10+ on Verizon

Some carrier-specific functions require carrier-specific firmware, VoLTE and Wifi calling are good examples. From what I've read, owners of unlocked devices need the Verizon firmware installed in order to use VoLTE and Wifi calling, but best to check with Verizon before you proceed with a carrier switch.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

user7efiBq3GWj
Asteroid

My unlocked by Samsung S10 on Verizon does have Wifi calling as an option in the phone app settings. It is turned on but I'm not sure how to test it unless I were to find myself in an area where there was no cell coverage but Wifi was available.

Samsung_4PySrEI
Cosmic Ray

@user7efiBq3GWj wrote:

My unlocked by Samsung S10 on Verizon does have Wifi calling as an option in the phone app settings. It is turned on but I'm not sure how to test it unless I were to find myself in an area where there was no cell coverage but Wifi was available.

You test it the same way you use it internationally, turn on airplane mode, turn wifi back on, make a call.

Highlighted
user7efiBq3GWj
Asteroid

Ok, I tested it as you described and it does work. Also while on the call I noticed an icon in the app that indicated it was a Wifi call.