cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraSVJfXQZOS
Constellation

USB Car connection confirmed By Samsung support to not work

Very sad.  Such a basic feature that doesn't work.  Just got this phone and very frustrated that I couldn't get this to work.

When I connect I get a song that plays called "Samsung Brand Music 2019", so I know that piece works.  If I try to play another music app, it just plays through the phone speaker, but the Samsung Brand music still plays through the car sterio.    So the audio definetly works with the phone and car sterio, , but no other Audio apps work.  Google Play Music, spotify or reverbnation.  

These all used to work with my iPhone.

Bluetooth is not option on one of my cars, only USB and Aux, and I don't wnat to use aux becasue I can't skip songs from my radio.

I contacted Samsung support and after tyring to say it was licensing, or firmware on the car stereo (even though there Brand Music works), the rep basically said, Sorry, you will jsut have to us Aux or Android Auto.

No, i won't.  I'm returning this and going back to an iPhone.

4 REPLIES 4
Rpierce2032
Cosmic Ray

Re: USB Car connection confirmed By Samsung support to not work

Well, someone has some anger issue. Btw I can play music through my car with a USB just fine. You have to click on the USB options when you plug it in and change where you want the sound to play from. I even play the sounds from my games or the kids phones through my car..... so your tantrum is unnecessary. 

useraSVJfXQZOS
Constellation

Haha.  Well, yeah, when you buy a new phone, you expect simple things to work, so yeah, I'm a bit angry.

So, when I plug my phone in via USB to all 3 of my cars, I get a message that says:  

"Allow Access to your data

The connected device will be able to access file on this phone (MTP Connection)

Deny or Allow"

I choose Allow, and the "Samsung Brand Music 2019" starts playing through my car stereo.  I try to start up Spotify or Google Play Music, and it only plays through my phones speakers, while the "Samsung Brand Music 2019" plays through the car stereo.

It never give's me the opportunity to "change where you want the sound to play from" like you say yours does.   

You should check out this thread by the way.  Full of others with the same problem I have: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/S10-S10-USB-connection-to-car/td-p/10...

So, to get your phone to "change where you want the sound to play from", how are you doing that?

Are you talking about swithing the input on your car or are you doing that on your phone?  

Also,what audio apps are you using?  Google Play Music, Spotify, YouTube or something else?

Are you using Android Auto?

Rpierce2032
Cosmic Ray

I'm using a usb right now to play anything I want right now with my s10+

userKVaJOaLoYD
Astronaut

Having a similar problem with my S9 and new Toyota RAV4, I can bluetooth my music but there is a USB port which I would sooner use but does not work.  Other samsung phone A40 does though so issue is s9 software.