cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

USB tethering doesn't work after the update

After today's system update, turning USB tethering on instantly reboots the phone. It's now impossible to use it as a Wi-Fi adapter.

Using S10e. Others report the same problem with S10 and S10+. Also, S9[+] users report that tethering no longer works, but without phone rebooting.

Update: still not fixed in the patch May 1, 2020.

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: USB tethering doesn't work after the update

Hello User thanks for choosing Samsung Community and i see that you are having issues with the Usb tethering. Are you connecting to a tablet, laptop or a Pc. If you are connecting with an tablet or Laptop I would recommend connecting to mobile hotspot to get that internet connection on either phone or laptop, it should work the same with it using your phone Internet data. If you are using a PC, I would recommend reseting the network settings and making sure your USB is connected properly and using another USB cord and see if that works. I really hope this can help you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi. The phone reboots even when the USB cord is detached, so everything else should be irrelevant.

I actually use hotspot now, because my router doesn't like my Wi-Fi card, but they work fine through the phone. So the problem isn't critical for me now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here, when i click on USB Tethering, the phone reboots.

Tried with other USB Port, cable, etc. It's the update that broke it.

Please fix this ASAP!

S10e April update

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem here. Unable to use usb tethering due to continuos restart.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi

I also have this bug since April update.

I have Samsung S10+.

Now i can't use my drone, as it needs the usb tethering and it cause restarts.

Samsung, Please fix it ASAP!

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello, me and 2 of my friends using Samsung are having the same problem since the last update! Samsung S10e. We cannot use our drones or anything with USB tethering, because the phone restarts instantly as soon as we enable the usb tethering.

Samsung team, please can you get that a priority and fix it, because nobody with Samsung can now use a drone and it's really unpleasant!

Highlighted
Constellation

Since the April update, I have the same problem on my S10 ! I can't use USB tethering because It just reboots my phone, even without the cable !! You are supposed to test your releases... Just do your job for once and fix this. There is no need for AR Emoji... if everything else is just garbage.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem here.

After Aprill update on my Galaxy S9 tethering stop working (no phone rebots),  was conneting the phone to Asus router via USB cable. Routher shows error: Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly. 

What interesting thethering to my PC working fine

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same issue here