cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Error message I see

My partner cared the most about her photos.

We retreived those before we did a factory reset, so those are fine.

For now the phone works okay, except for retreiving backup data ofcourse.
So we'll just not restore any old data from the Samsung Cloud.
We're scared to restore backup data now though (since it might result in another factory reset), so we'll manage our backups in another way from now on.

Highlighted
Halo

Re: Error message I see

I have almost similar error message on my recovery. It starts with the follwoing..

E:[libfs_mgr]Unable to disable quotas on /dev/block/...

And it is not gone, even after flashing official binary via ODIN. I have flashed the firmware of original Product according to the product code. Also, I took it to samsung service center where they reflashed the firmware (maybe) still this is not solved. I am waiting for the next OTA 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Unable to disable quotas on dev/block/platform because system/bin/tune2fs is missing

I had the same long message.....

"""tune 2 fs missing... On my

GALAXY S10+

Sm-G975F/DS
After latest update, IN Feb 2020..tagged as Dec 2019;  phone lags and freezes at some apps..especially with Chrome... Did a factory reset. Still the same problem. On doing a hard rest, I saw the following:

Quote:

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [BL:Recovery Mode Set by key]#
E:[libfs_mgr]Unable to disable quotas on /dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/userdata because /system/bin/tune2fs is missing
Supported API: 3
# MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
--Wiping cache...
--Wiping cache...
E:[PDP] status/c____/pdp_b__ : 0 - No PDP scenario
Formatting / cache...
Cache wipe complete.
Cache wipe complete.""""

Unquote

phone has one more month warranty out of 24 mths...

BASICALLY

: tune2fs missing...after update. It seems to have slowed the phone with problems with data, both via mobile or wifi via home router access...for example Chrome freezes, SMS won't work or some time, certain OTP (One time password) will not reach me for hours...people say they cannot get me even though phone was free at that time.

I contacted Samsung Chat for help. I was told that factory reset would have  helped...which I have done a few times.Than I tried a "hard reset"...with  hopes of  upresolving the problems: 1.Volume UP, 2.additional button on the same side,i.e,the bixby button and 3.power..ALL AT THE SAME TIME...once Samsung logo appears , release ONLY power...but keep pressing Vol Up and Next button until menu appears. ..wipe cache,,,,and factory reset..reboot, for the intermittent problem. But the problem was not solved.

I than contacted, Samsung Chat,

I was also advised to go to Samsung service ctr. I also contacted my telco, Starhub which said I could ask for the sim card to be changed...but it would cost me ..even though it was on contract and the phone is under warranty. A(Later a few days later,Starhub help Ctr staff and advised for me to go get a replacement sim.

Anyway when the problem persisted,the message bothered me with "BL" probably referring to BOOT LOADER...which can only be done by reinstalling the ROM or OS...which is best done at the service centre. I backed up all data and I went to Westgate Samsung service centre...with COVID-19scare there was temp taking and I was attended to promptly..I collected phone 1 hour later.I went home and reinstalled my apps etc.I. did have Chrome freeze once while the reinstalling was going on...dont know if it's something else...but after a normal reset it seems to work o.k. It has been more than 24hrs...seems o.k. if in the near term the same problem happens than I may need to bring back the phone. There is no paperwork to show BOOTLOADER has been reinstalled...and I may also explore : 1. Change SIM CARD,

2. REMOVE certain apps...I only have about 30 Gb used out if 128Gb.

3. Take the SD card copy out all data and format it in a computer and re-insert into phone orbuse another SD card...I wonder if there is some corruption.

Ruling out all these I might head back to Samsung Service Ctr as I have only one more month of the 1 year Samsung warranty 

Highlighted
Halo

Re: Unable to disable quotas on dev/block/platform because system/bin/tune2fs is missing

Did you mean Westgate Samsung service centre solved your error? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
Highlighted
Constellation

I Have the same problem with my samsung galaxy A70 what I Do now to get my all data back or fix the problem without data loss