cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Unable to move photos to a different folder on gallery

I just got my S10+ a few days ago and noticed this problem right away. I have to be able to move my photos from folder to folder. Since the phone already came with Google Photos on it, I checked there first to see if you could move the pics on there, and you can! Yay! Even better though, is that it also duplicates the effect in your normal S10 gallery. I hope this works out for you as well as it did for me. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Highlighted
Galaxy

The Samsung standard My Files app allows moving between folders.  I have never seen that feature in Gallery which at best lets you move to "an album".

Highlighted
Constellation

I had same problem. I figured it out.  Open gallery click on pics you want to move. Instead of hitting the 3 dots like normal, click beside the search bar. But buttons are hidden.  Idk why. Click on pics to moveClick on pics to move

Click next to search and menu will pop upClick next to search and menu will pop up

Highlighted
Constellation

Not the search bar the movie icon at top. Click next to it.

Highlighted
Galaxy

"Move to album" and "move to secure folder" is not "move to folder" which is what is being discussed. 

You may have to use the 'move to album' function and create a new one by clicking on the plus sign. That should create a new folder.

Highlighted
Galaxy

I guess it creates a folder in the root of the drive, but not a folder that is a subfolder of another folder.  It is something that works in "My Files" and ought to work in Gallery.