cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Unable to move photos to a different folder on gallery

I have the Galaxy S10 and since yesterday, in "Gallery", it is not allowing me to move images to a different folder. This happened all of a sudden and this is really hard as I have several different folders that I use, and need to move images between them. It only gives me the option to "move to secure folder". The option for "move" is all of a sudden not there. 
I already deleted the cache on the gallery app and it hasn't made a difference. See attached pic showing only available option. 
****Please help! ****
 I have the most up-to-date version of everything.Screenshot_20200108-022556_Gallery.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unable to move photos to a different folder on gallery

@Sre123 Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I don't know. It just stopped yesterday so something must have changed. I don't know what to do for safe mode.... I'm home recovering from major surgery, which is one of the reasons I need to move pics to other folders. 

I was able to move pictures without problems on 1/7/20 at 12am then it stopped. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Sre123 Here are the steps to place your phone into safe mode. 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart > Restart.
  3. The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

How do I know what apps are causing a problem? Gallery is the only app with an issue. If it let's me move images in safe mode, what do I do then? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If it lets you move the images in safe mode it only confirms that a 3rd party app that is causing the issue. As far as finding the app causing the issue.  You would have to uninstall apps one by one until you find the one that causing the issue.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

So once I am in smart mode and 🤞it let's me move pics. Do I just need to Uninstall apps that were updated around the time it stopped letting me move the images? Or just apps that I gave permission to Gallery. Maybe it is related to that? Permissions? 

I appreciate your help! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Sre123 I would start with he last apps you downloaded or updated and go from there. Something recently added or updated is causing the issue. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Just went into safe mode and it hasn't changed anything. So that means it is not a 3rd party app.  What now?  This is extremely frustrating....Is there a setting in something that could have been changed or turned off/on that would make the "move to album" option disappear?

Plus, I can't delete the app and start over since it is a Samsung app.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give these steps a try: Press and hold on the pictures you want to move, you can select more than one at once, once you have them selected click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select move to album. You would need to do this from the listed pictures, it appears the feature isn't available once you are inside the specific picture itself.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.