cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBOycPDOkLy
Constellation

Unable to receive MMS / group chat

I cant group chat or send mms without wifi, is this a known issue? galaxy s10 plus

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to receive MMS / group chat

@userBOycPDOkLy wrote:

I cant group chat or send mms without wifi, is this a known issue? galaxy s10 plus

- Do you own an unlocked S10 or carrier branded?

- What is your carrier?

- Turn off your device, then back on and re-test

- You have WiFi calling on?  If yes, go into its settings and set it to "cellular preferred"

-  APN reset:

If you want to check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected or you can even tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults.  Restart device

userBOycPDOkLy
Constellation

Carrier is Sprint. I worked in telecom, so off and on again has not worked. this has been an ongoing issue with the phone for a few months. I did PRL and tower updates, tried switching back and forth from LTE to GSM, not sure what is up.

Honored Contributor

@userBOycPDOkLy wrote:

Carrier is Sprint. I worked in telecom, so off and on again has not worked. this has been an ongoing issue with the phone for a few months. I did PRL and tower updates, tried switching back and forth from LTE to GSM, not sure what is up.

Check if you have a backup of your phone and possibly do a factory reset, see if it will help

I have a friend with S9, who traveled overseas and his roaming didn't work. He was advised to do "network reset", he did, it started working.  By the time he came back to states, some of the apps such as Whatsapp/Viber wouldn't send text or call.  Other apps were fine.  I tried to do some troubleshooting on his phone, but then told him that factory reset might help.  He backup the phone and did the reset and issue was gone.

TexaSGirl35
Constellation

Open messages app>tap the 3 dots (menu) on top right>settings>more settings>multimedia messages>turn on Group messages