cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Unable to recive MMS through default messaging app or google messages.

Ive been having an issue not being able to reciveve MMS such as gifs and videos but pictures work fine through the default messaging app that comes with the phone. I've also tried Google messages to no luck. I can, however, recieve gifs and videos through Verizon's messaging app as well as pictures.

I have an (International) Galaxy S10+ unlocked, running Verizon here in the U.S.

If anyone can help with diagnosing the issue that would be great!

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Unable to recive MMS through default messaging app or google messages.

try clearing the cache in your messaging app through settings
Constellation

Decided to try that again with no luck. Restarted phone, booted into safe mode, and even tried clearing all data from the messaging app to no avail.

it may be because you're using an international version. have you tried contacting Verizon?
Constellation

No i haven't done that yet. I will do that now. I figured i would try here first incase its a device issue that could be resolved.

Re: Re: Unable to recive MMS through default messaging app or google messages.

I would first check that the app is set to Rich Communication, that the default is text/multimedia, and that auto download of attachments is enabled.
Constellation

Re: Re: Unable to recive MMS through default messaging app or google messages.

Was looking through the settings for the messaging app (the default one that comes with the S10+) and i cant find anything about Rich Communication or defaulting text/multimedia. Auto retrieval of attachments is enabled.

Re: Re: Re: Unable to recive MMS through default messaging app or google messa..

then you should check with Verizon
Constellation

Re: Re: Re: Unable to recive MMS through default messaging app or google messa..

Talked to Verizon and they said there wasn't anything they could do. Also said it was either because the phone was unlocked, the international version, or both. So I guess I'm just stuck until I get a new phone. But thank you for the help!

also, make sure that the default setting is mms for the app itself. check the app's settings menu.