cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Unable to use S10+ with Cricket

Hello i just recently obtained a Galaxy S10+ from a friend who had purchased it from an individual online. He had it activated with cricket mobile for only a brief time then got a different phone because of when you accessed the camera/video the picture would be displayed on screen upside-down. No one would help him and I would have been ok with the deffect I tried every option available to fix it but never succeeded. Then after setting the phone up with all my contacts and Google acc. using just WI FI it worked wonderfully untill I installed my SIM card from Cricket The phone immediately locked only showing a screen wanting a privacy protection password wich is not available to me because my friend purchased it from an individual that we can not contact. It wasn't set to lock by my friend or I. I have spent countless hours online and on the phone with Samsung support trying every option available with no luck. After a few days of that support is now telling me that there is nothing to be done without original bill of sale containing IEMI number which is impossible for me to obtain. I was praying that there would be something someone would be so kind and understanding to do to help me. It's a wonderful phone and I love everything about it. My friend gave good money for it which I reimbursed him also. It's practically a new phone not a scratch on it. Please if there's anything you could do to fix this situation would be greatly appreciated.(fix phone, trade it in, discount promo) Anything I would mail it to someone. Thank you very much for your time and have a safe and blessed day.

loyal customer!!!

Don Walton

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Very Disappointed customer

@usergMryENQ2Io What you are having issue with is called google lock meaning the original owner of the phone did not remove their gmail password or google password  before selling it. Which online did you purchased it? Try to contact the original owner.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Very Disappointed customer

Hello @usergMryENQ2Io ,

I hate youre experiencing this issue and I would love to help you with it. As @RedDragon stated that is the lock to avoid theft of a device. The only way to have it unlocked is by finding the previous owner any other way would void the warranty on the device. If you or your friend has any type of receipt that shows the imei number on it a samsung service center will definitely unlock it for you in a jiff.