cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamgalaxy84
Asteroid

Unlock Verizon wireless

I put in a SIM card from Sprint carrier and it activates my phone number lets me send text and phone for about 3 minutes and then all the sudden I get an Axe by the bars and says cannot change carrier at this time please contact Verizon and so on with the phone number I cannot figure out how to unlock the phone I've called Samsung they told me that it's locked still alive called Verizon they told me was unlock they can't even see it in their system is there anybody that knows this situation do I have to wait the 60 days does it have to be an active account or could I just have the SIM card that Samsung gave me sitting it for the whole time while it tries to activate I don't understand this situation I know I heard that you could put in a valid SIM card in there witches from Verizon for about 5 minutes and then it should be unlocked don't know I've heard too many stories I hope I get a real answer thank you

6 REPLIES 6
CallMePulpy
Astronaut

Re: Unlock Verizon wireless

Verizon have always been picky about unlocking for carrier use. Your best bet is to have a verizon customer call and use their account access to unlock the phone. I'm pretty sure you could also use a verizon sim from a long standing account for a month and itll unlock it as long as the customer has been with the carrier long enough.

iamgalaxy84
Asteroid

They told me something about the 60 days if it's active if I use prepaid

Honored Contributor

@iamgalaxy84 wrote:

I put in a SIM card from Sprint carrier and it activates my phone number lets me send text and phone for about 3 minutes and then all the sudden I get an Axe by the bars and says cannot change carrier at this time please contact Verizon and so on with the phone number I cannot figure out how to unlock the phone I've called Samsung they told me that it's locked still alive called Verizon they told me was unlock they can't even see it in their system is there anybody that knows this situation do I have to wait the 60 days does it have to be an active account or could I just have the SIM card that Samsung gave me sitting it for the whole time while it tries to activate I don't understand this situation I know I heard that you could put in a valid SIM card in there witches from Verizon for about 5 minutes and then it should be unlocked don't know I've heard too many stories I hope I get a real answer thank you

@iamgalaxy84 

Software information:

Go to settings>about phone>software information and take screenshot of the page, then scroll to the bottom and take another one

Vizuvius
Asteroid

Check your APN settings on the device. You may need to enter them in manually and save as Sprint. If it doesn't let you change and save settings then it's still Network locked or worst case scenario it might have triggered a bad ESN.

xK1LL3RxPANDAx
Asteroid

I got an s10+ through Verizon I just put a family Mobile SIM card in from Walmart and it actually switched my phone over to T-Mobile

iamgalaxy84
Asteroid

So I finally got in touch with a cool representative at Verizon they told me that my phone is unlocked but the network code is grayed out on that computer therefore I got to wait till 60 days but if you push him enough and you respectful you can get them to submit a document do you have to answer or be eligible if you fit the five criteria which is phone is paid in full did you buy it at Verizon to be honest with you I wasn't paying attention to all that I just wanted to hurry up and get the guy to hurry up and write the ticket so now I'm waiting on a response he should have to take 2 to 3 business days