cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Unlock sound won't turn off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam you're a champ! Thanks man!

Had the same issue on a Note FE, and was quite puzzled. Google search led me here... great to find such support!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG...this is crazy!!!! I have been trying to figure this out for days. Seriously. I just got my new Chase card in the mail with the touch ability and I put it in the credit card sleeve and didn't think twice. As soon as I take the card out, the problem stops. I would have NEVER thought of this. Thank you!!!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMFG!!! someone give this person a nobel prize.. this was driving me nuts. everytime i unlocked my phone for the last 2 weeks that god awful beep would make me wish i did not have ears.. it kept distrubing my child trying to goto sleep too.. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh my goodness you have saved me from being driven mad!!!!

You are the BEST!!!!

I shall no longer carry my cards in my phone...if where I am shopping doesn't use my phone as a payment type I'll jist take ot as a sign I don't need what I am trying to buy, one way to save money Smiley Very Happy 

Thank you SO MUCH Adam, you are a gem!!!

Sorry about  all the !!!!! I am just so happy to get  that anouying sound out of my day !!! 

Thanks again  Adam👍👌😃

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been trying for weeks to get rid of this sound. It's been driving me crazy. It turns out a couple of weeks ago I put my Visa card in the back of my phone case. Just took it out after reading your post and fixed the problem instantly. I can't thank you enough. Have a wonderful day. 
From one very happy camper. 😁😁😁

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That was it! As soon as I turned off NFC it stopped! Thank you tons.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah you made my day, this sound was ruining my vacation. And the culprit was the metro card that I bought and stored behind the protective cover. Back to switching on nfc when I pay.

Thx again 😀😀😀

Highlighted
Astronaut

Bill&Tina Roush

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bill&Tina Roush

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep it's the NFC reader trying to read my new Dave & Buster's card!  Drove me nuts for about a week!  Thanks for the info!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this start happening.  Turned off the NFC sound setting.  Annoying though because I use my phone for payment regularly.  Found the issue.  I have a cover on my phone that has a compartment to store two to three credit cards/ drivers license on the back.  I was storing a credit card back there that has the NFC chip on it.  The phone picks it up causing the notification sound to go off every time I unlocked it.  It also screws with the phones ability to use NFC when using it for payment.  I can't store it there.  So... If you have something like this, take out the credit card that has that feature and it will go away.