cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Unlocked Galaxy S10+ and Verizon - Functionality

I am currently using the unlocked Galaxy S10+ on Verizon. For those who have any questions about functionality on Verizon's network, please use this thread to ask away. 

Here is what I know so far:

1. WiFi Calling DOES work on the unlocked Galaxy S10+. I have an active Verizon SIM, and as you can see in the screenshot, it is on and functions.WiFi Calling.jpg

2. VOLTE is available/works on Verizon as well. Again, here is a screenshot:VOLTE.jpg

3. Visual Voicemail works as well.  (I just included a screenshot of the app version here, because I didn't feel like blacking out all of my contact info in my mailbox, but can give more details for those wondering).Visual Voicemail.jpg

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
46 REPLIES 46
useri9bHMszZwN
Constellation

Re: Unlocked Galaxy S10+ and Verizon - Functionality

Is there a list anywhere of the cell bands that are on the Verizon version S10 and the Unlocked S10?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Verizon blocked short codes to access service menu but for some reason my unlocked note 9 were able to access service mode and in fact Unlocked version does enable 256qam on verizon. What specific Bands you want to see i have screenshots of Bands on note 9 on verizon there is Band 46 and 66.

useri9bHMszZwN
Constellation

Can the unlocked do LTE Video calls on Verizon?

Samsung Care Ambassador

It does not provisioned to work on verizon.. verizon video call is proprietary it is not android standard video calling i think.

Pocchari1
Asteroid

After numerous customer support chats, I've learned that in-call video calling is proprietary to Verizon-sold devices.  My friends with Samsung phones purchased through Verizon have this functionality.

userc7rdh6AFv3
Constellation

I wonder if they did something different because the Note9 unlocked does not have these functions available on Verizon.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userc7rdh6AFv3 wrote:

I wonder if they did something different because the Note9 unlocked does not have these functions available on Verizon.

After receiving pie update on unlocked note 9 i think they will activate wifi calling on Note 9 for verizon.

userc7rdh6AFv3
Constellation

I have been running the beta version of Pie on my Note 9 now for about 2 months and still no option for WiFi calling.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userc7rdh6AFv3 wrote:

I have been running the beta version of Pie on my Note 9 now for about 2 months and still no option for WiFi calling.

Beta version does not get certification from Verizon. They will only certify if the software is stable. Beta version is only for samsung to test and once it's done then the certification process begins. I am hoping wifi calling will be in pie update for verizon.