cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFt1R6z91XG
Constellation

Re: Unlocked Galaxy S10+ and Verizon - Functionality

I spoke to Samsung Tech on phone and on chat. They say that VERIZON VISUAL VOICEMAIL will NOT work when using the UNLOCKED s10 on VERIZON.

Please confirm what VISUAL VOICEMAIL your using and was it preinstalled  , built in... etc

THANKS!!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

I can absolutely confirm Visual Voicemail is available. It actually just shows up and installs itself from the Galaxy Store after you insert your Verizon SIM card. The app is just called Voicemail. When you open it up, you will have to go to settings and upgrade/enable Visual Voicemail. The screenshot in the original post is what the icon looks like and the about screen. This screenshot shows you what happens what I try to downgrade, so you can see it is provided by Verizon.

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
Highlighted
userhqGajdyERz
Astronaut

Yh

userbtynfBWcCP
Constellation

@shuddle13

Seems like you are on of the lucky ones. I spent almost 4 hours chasing down this function. Verizon can enable advanced calling/VoLTE and WiFI calling. But the ability to enable is missing from my phone. THere isn't even an option to enable VoLTE, and WiFi calling is greyed out. Visiual Voicmail works... but thats it. Verizon told me you have to have their build on the phone to have those features.

userFt1R6z91XG
Constellation

i bought a unlocked s10e today .... inserted my verizon sim... volte worked immedietly.

visual voicemail did not. there was no app for it. nothing installed. i searched for the app in the samsung store and there was nothing.

samsung phone tech told me the unlocked version does NOT have visual voicemail with verizon.

Dissonance
Asteroid

The unlocked S10 does have visual voicemail with Verizon. It should download automatically from the Galaxy store, not the Google play store. Here is the direct link:

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.vvm.se

VoLTE can be turned on/off (it should be on by default) by going to settings - connections -mobile networks - VoLTE calls. 

The wifi calling was giving me trouble too as the option was greyed out but I finally got it working. First put the phone in airplane mode and then turn on wifi. Go to the Phone app, tap the 3 dots in the top right and then settings. Now the wifi calling option should be unlocked. 

userOFfI6gfx3r
Constellation

Does Mobile Hotspot work? I have an unlocked s8 directly from Samsung and it works without having to pay extra fee to Verizon? Does it still works on the s10?

user512xB38Csi
Astronaut

Replying to bump this up. I'd like to know too. Hotspot is an essential fee for my line of work.

I had no idea that so many options were complicated. I thought unlocked vs Verizon version just meant I'd be able to use the phone more easily when traveling internationally instead of getting stuck with expensive "international" Verizon plans.  And I thought I could avoid some of the PITA apps that Verizon includes (bloatware) and actually use that space for something useful. Seeing all of the features that are blocked is incredibly eye-opening!

Samsung_WeAvLYe
Astronaut

thanks

userqwnvjapbEE
Constellation

none of these features work on my S10+ unlocked.