cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Unlocked Galaxy S10e on Xfinity Mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum  yea verizon postpaid is a lot better than sprint and plus you do not need to ask verizon to activate a phone you just need to pop in your sim card and thats it. I used to be verizon but on prepaid side and i didnt like it i switched to at&t like a few days before the unpacked last week lol

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nooo thankyou. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They gave you wrong information though... 

SM-G970U1 factory unlocked SGS10e. It works great with Xfinity Mobile.

IJS

I wouldnt trust unlocked ATT, SPRINT, or VERIZON.

USA,unbranded,unlocked is the way to go.

Will work ANYWHERE on ANY NETWORK.

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@RedDragon I needed to find out for @Slamor07  100%.

It was really thanks to you for making me curious just to be able to know for sure, so I suppose a thank you is in order for you! Thanks ☺️

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually if Im paying that much $ I want to be able to use it anywhere.

If i want to swap SIMs I want to be able to.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thats wierd I have been using a unlocked Moto G5 Plus since day 1 with Xfinity Mobile.

Xfinity says that they do not support BYOA, never said that it didnt work.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Slamor07 Yea xfinity uses Verizon network so whatever phone that works with verizon it should work with xfinity however if you want to activate first then I think you need xfinity phone then swap the sim card after.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well i got the SM-G970U1 factory unlocked SGS10e. It works great with Xfinity Mobile. I couldnt pay the same price for a version that was CDMA only.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Slamor07  I am using my S10 unlocked with XM. Are you able to do WiFi calling? That feature is not available on the phone settings. Also, the Verizon version is unlocked out of the box and definitely supports GSM. I've used my Verizon S9+ succesfully with a local SIM card on International trips

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergD5gTHmGzH  I dont see the settings for WiFi calling on SGS10e either so I guess not.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Slamor07 Otherwise like you said the phone is working fine. Until yesterday, when XM started throttling my LTE data. Not sure if that is because of device compatibility. I am on a pay per GB plan and have only used 2 Gb.

I wish I had googled the stories about S9 unlocked with Xfinity Mobile. Then I'd have gone with the S10 verizon version. 

1. works flawlessly with XM (phone reboots and even boots up like a XM device with logo etc)

2. Is unlocked out of the box for use with any network

3. Quicker software updates than unlocked (Sometimes unlocked doesn't even get the updates).