cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

(Unlocked s10e) Issues with "Network unlock" app(?) when trying to activate SIM card on Verizon.

Just got a second hand unlocked s10e.

First thing I did was a factory reset and software update. After that, when inserting my SIM card (which I've used for a galaxy s8, then a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 [rooted]), an app attempts to open but all that happens is the screen goes dim and no UI elements for said app are displayed. When looking in the recent app view, the app shows up as "Network unlock" and every time I reattempt to open it from this view, the same thing happens. This occurs if I insert the SIM with the phone on as well as inserting when it is off then booting up. (I've also tried safe mode)

I also tried another 4g SIM card thats activated on my verizon plan and the same thing happens on my s10e (dim screen from the app 'half' opening).

Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/8IAtguP

(1st: dim screen after the app opens. 2nd: apps info shown in the running apps tray after clicking the icon. 3rd: app tray view)

If I go into 'App info', I can see the permissions for the app. At first it was denied permission to the 'phone' app so I gave access to it and it still doesn't work.

I have a feeling this is an issue on samsungs end but tomorrow I'll be contacting verizon for a new SIM card. In the time being though, I'd like to see if this is an issue I can solve.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: (Unlocked s10e) Issues with "Network unlock" app(?) when trying to activate SIM card on Verizon.

It's likely an issue from the original carrier of the device. It is possible that it is not an officially unlocked device. I would try speaking with the seller regarding the history of the device.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: (Unlocked s10e) Issues with "Network unlock" app(?) when trying to activate SIM card o

I have reached out with the seller and I'm awaiting a reply.

That being said, I did check the IMEI info of the device and it comes up as officially unlocked and not blacklisted. I also went through the activation process on Verizons site and after entering the IMEI number, there were no issues detected and I was allowed to proceed with the activation.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: (Unlocked s10e) Issues with "Network unlock" app(?) when trying to activate SIM card o

If it's occurring after a factory reset, it's likely software related. You can try using Smart Switch from a PC and see if there's an option for an emergency restore: Link