cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Unwanted lock issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On both my Galaxy phone and my Galaxy tablet will do a screen lock that darkens the screen and requires me to touch a little lock and drag it towards one of the corners to wake it up again.

When it is locked like this it ?sometimes? Pauses the current app and I do not want this.

I have turned off every auto lock feature that I can find and it still does this. As far as i can tell all of those methods will lock the screen where it requires the security unlock method (face recognition, fingerprint, PIN, password...).

I want my app to keep running and not fade out without having to interact with it every 20 or 30 seconds.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Unwanted lock issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_quQhqGC @Samsung_JDnOFBP 

It's coming from Game Tools. There might be a better way of finding them, but here is how I do it. First enable regular navigation bar (not gestures) if you don't already have it on. Open any app or game that locks on you, slide the navigation bar out (as it should auto hide in games) and click on the Game Tools icon in the left corner (a round button with game controller design), then go to Advanced Option and disable Auto Lock.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue. How do I stop or fix this issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. How do I stop or fix this issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_quQhqGC @Samsung_JDnOFBP 

It's coming from Game Tools. There might be a better way of finding them, but here is how I do it. First enable regular navigation bar (not gestures) if you don't already have it on. Open any app or game that locks on you, slide the navigation bar out (as it should auto hide in games) and click on the Game Tools icon in the left corner (a round button with game controller design), then go to Advanced Option and disable Auto Lock.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

Geno71 has a fix to this issue, but when you use it the s...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Geno71 has a fix to this issue, but when you use it the screen timeout will happen instead and this can't be turned off, just set to a maximum of 10 minutes (I think) and there is no way I can see to stop this. This is even worse then the game screen lock.

Thanks Geno71 anyway.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
it's not working with my galaxy s10 plus.. i tried everything. On my device it lock me out when even i am not playing game. just casually use mobile and it's lock out itself i have to unlock by putting my pattern or pin. it's really become frustrating sometimes.