cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTIk44gktbn
Constellation

Update Crashed My Phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completed the new software update yesterday and now my phone is locked, won't unlock using my passcode and I can't use it.  Anyone else experiencing this.  How do I fix it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userTIk44gktbn
Constellation

Re: Update Crashed My Phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to do a factory reset.  Luckily it did a back up before the update.  The only thing I lost was some photos but luckily I back up on shutterfly.  

Thanks for the suggestion and reply.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like something in the update goofed during the install, I would recommend a factory reset as long as you have your important stuff backed up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userQudaDIGsjK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have this exact issue from the update last night 7/4)  It doesn't look like a regular lock screen.  I have never had a lock screen, pin, biometrics, gesture or any other kind of lock.  I wish I could say I know how to fix it. 

Strangely, I can accept calls.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Typed every password I can think it could be.

2. Forced restart (power + down volume) multiple times.
3. I got on with Samsung Tech support and they remoted accessed through https://findmymobile.samsung.com
and it could not unlock because it said, "remote unlock is not enabled on your phone"
4. Used dr.fone, but it just wanted to factory reset, which I can do myself. 

5. Samsung wants me to send it to service, but they're just going to factory reset, I imagine.

I do have most things backed up through Google photos, etc.  But I have a work app that I will lose a bunch of receipts. *Sigh*

Any help?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They would, they typically wipe the device regardless of the issue to ensure consumer safety with any files. I honestly recommend giving it a try if you can before sending it to service. But it does wipe the device so any information not backed up would be lost. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userTIk44gktbn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to do a factory reset.  Luckily it did a back up before the update.  The only thing I lost was some photos but luckily I back up on shutterfly.  

Thanks for the suggestion and reply.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happy to hear it's working for you again, sorry it took a reset to fix it though. I know how frustrating it can be setting everything back up afterwards. 

BigPapaFett
Astronaut

Your going need to do factory reset .... you can do this...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your going need to do factory reset .... you can do this by (from power down mode) holding down the Bixby, volume up and power buttons simultaneously until you feel the power on pulse... release all buttons .... you will see your phones BIOS boot screen... using the volumes to select and the power button for enter, select wipe device/factory reset ..... when u log back into your phone log in to which ever account (Samsung or Google) has your phones backup stored first or you will be doing this twice...