Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FraxHead
Constellation

Using Galaxy S7 chargers with S10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it possible to use my Galaxy S7 wall and wireless fast charges with my new Galaxy S10? If so, will they "fast charge" the S10?  I know I'll have to switch to USB type C cables.

I have two wireless chargers and I bought several wall chargers for home, auto and travel use and I always have one in my laptop case, so it would be great if I can use them with the S10.  Here are the model numbers for the S7 chargers:

S7 Wireless Fast Charger: EP-PN920

S7 Wall Fast Charger: EP-TA20JWE

Thanks for any assistance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Using Galaxy S7 chargers with S10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Either should work just fine, and will likely fast charge your S10 no problem. Samsung's chargers have essentially remained the same for quite a few years. I've been using the same wireless charger since my S7 as well, no problems charging my S10+ with it.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Either should work just fine, and will likely fast charge your S10 no problem. Samsung's chargers have essentially remained the same for quite a few years. I've been using the same wireless charger since my S7 as well, no problems charging my S10+ with it.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

View solution in original post

FraxHead
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick response, and the insight, Chris!  I'll give them a try.

Samsung_MlceDEL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just exchanged my Galaxy s7 for a Galaxy s10+ last month and the charger connection size is completely different.  Only the charging cord that came with the S10+ fits it.  Rather a pain because I now have to carry several connection cords for different devices.

usermFk7G0s3OI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got my G 10S+ switched from a G S7 Edge but the wired chargers are not compatible I thought they all were compatible nowadays to make things easier when did that change & why?  please thanks