cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
G-ProPIA
Halo

Using phone and screen on time (for Phone app while in a speakerphone call)

Is there a way to keep the in-call phone app screen on? When i am on work calls , i want to quickly hit unmute or mute. I have to do double taps all the time to wake up the screen. Any way to extend that go to sleep time? i already know about the display settings for keeping it on. That is set to 2 minutes.  This particular issue is for the... Phone app behavior, not the display for the smartphone in general.   When on a call for work, i like to toggle the mute/unmute, but when the screen goes off i need an extra double tap to wake it.  Just want to keep that phone app display on.  Again, my display settings are set to stay on for 2 minutes.  BUT, when using the phone,  that is not followed.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Using phone and screen on time

Under display in settings increase the screen timeout window. In Bixby Routines you can set the timeout to on a per app basis. If you don't mind 3rd party solutions there's kinscreen. It can keep the display active indefinitely. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
G-ProPIA
Halo

This is for when i am on the phone..on a phone call..spea...

This is for when i am on the phone..on a phone call..speakerphone. my screen timeout is like 2 minutes so that isnt helping. Try making a speakerphone call. The screen goes dark very quickly. So i was called on and then had to double tap to wake screen. Then unmute. I would rather just unmute.

G-ProPIA
Halo

Does kinscreen work with the Phone app? I will look into...

Does kinscreen work with the Phone app? I will look into that. I seem to have no way to keep the screen on (for the active phone call..screen where i mute or unmute etc.). I will look into this. Just trying to save time and limit taps. Minor i know, but i dont like to make people wait.

userPMnd39rsSv
Asteroid

Don't know if this helps but in developer options in your...

Don't know if this helps but in developer options in your settings you can keep your screen turned on if it is plugged in.

G-ProPIA
Halo

Ok, when you say keep screen turned on, that applies to t...

Ok, when you say keep screen turned on, that applies to the Phone app in-call display? ..because my smartphone screen has a 2 minute timeout, but... when i am in a call, the phone app screen with the speakerphone and mute toggle...that turns off in a few seconds.

Samsung_ZDCz2yI
Astronaut

On every galaxy I've had you can go into the settings and...

On every galaxy I've had you can go into the settings and reset you screen settings to however long you want it on or to stay on till you turn it off. Same goes for turning itself on or walking itself.

G-ProPIA
Halo

Right, i know ab the display settings. I said that i have...

Right, i know ab the display settings. I said that i have that on 2 minutes. So there is a problem...when in a call..like on a speakerphone call.. that stiff isnt followed. It goes dark in a few seconds or so.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Using phone and screen on time (for Phone app while in a speakerphone call)

Sorry but since at least the Note 8, the speakerphone screen shuts off and you have to either click the power button or tap the screen to get it back on. I have seen lots of threads, lots of suggestions, and none of them prevent this behavior.

G-ProPIA
Halo

Ok thanks. I use the old double tap to wake it up. It als...

Ok thanks. I use the old double tap to wake it up. It also means that when i hang up i have to do what... yep..click power once, then again to hang up and then back out of the phone app i gueas. I will try that app that they brought up... Kinscreen. Worth a shot. Soon i will have learned most of what i need with this device. Thx to everyone that has chipped in even if you dont always read everything I write about.lol