cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxcvjTWugSQ
Asteroid

Verizon Band 13 not available

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought an unlocked Galaxy S10+ off of eBay that was stated to work with Verizon. And it does fine in city areas, but have network issues with it in more rural areas, even though other friends' Verizon phones had no issue.

So after a LOT of research into this, discovered that my phone doesn't have Band 13 (Verizon's primary band) available as an option to select on it.

It's branded with AT&T, but is a dual-SIM phone. Is this band purposely removed as an option for AT&T phones?

Screenshot_20190929-162547_Service mode RIL.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Verizon Band 13 not available

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcvjTWugSQ wrote:

I'm assuming it was originally from AT&T.  I bought it off of ebay & the AT&T logo comes up whenever I boot it.

Service Provider SW version shows:

SAOMC_SM-G975U_OYN_ATT_PP_003

ATT/ATT/ATT

I'd love to reconfigure this to a Verizon phone (or unbranded all together).

It does look like ATT phone...You have a choice of flashing unlocked firmware(XAA) or to flash Verizon branded firmware(VZW).  One interesting thing though, by the info you provided, I don't think it is dual sim

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcvjTWugSQ Okay I can help you with this and explain.  Samsung devices consist of CSC (consumer software customization) as the definition say the network can customize the settings of the device that is carrier branded phone the one with their logo when you turn it on. I can see that this is a AT&T CSC phone which they disabled Band 13 since AT&T do not support Band 13 on their newtork. However, samsung release a BYOD software that enable the phone to reconfigure the settings according to the sim card inserted then it will become a Verizon phone.

Can you pleae specify the full details of this phone you have is this originally from AT&T or you modified this?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
userxcvjTWugSQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm assuming it was originally from AT&T.  I bought it off of ebay & the AT&T logo comes up whenever I boot it.

ATT/ATT/ATT

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcvjTWugSQ please remove your serial number thats too private the one that ends with XEL.. yes it looks like you have the carrier brand when was the latest updates the phone had? You need to be on the latest august or september update thats where samsung relesse BYOD software. Since you have AT&T you need to have active sim card to update.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcvjTWugSQ wrote:

ATT/ATT/ATT

It does look like ATT phone...You have a choice of flashing unlocked firmware(XAA) or to flash Verizon branded firmware(VZW).  One interesting thing though, by the info you provided, I don't think it is dual sim

View solution in original post

userxcvjTWugSQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found instructions on how to do this here: https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

Any reason to NOT just choose unbranded/unlocked?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcvjTWugSQ wrote:

I think I found instructions on how to do this here: https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

Any reason to NOT just choose unbranded/unlocked?

Even if you do as instructed in the link(if the code input will work), your software will still be ATT.  It isn't the ideal as you have Verizon.  If you flash Verizon, you should be getting Verzion updates and they do their own testing so the software will be better compatible with their network.  Going unlocked route, your phone won't be tied to a carrier, but this wouldn't really give you any benefits Smiley Happy  You can flash with VZW firmware on your phone, then down the road flash unlocked.  See what works better for you.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcvjTWugSQ you dont need to flash firmware because your phone is capable of BYOD software but you need to be on the latest firmware. I think tmo, vzw and sprint already released byod software on S10. Your last resort may be to flash.

userxcvjTWugSQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like the latest updates on my phone is from March 2019.  I have a Verizon sim card in it currently though.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcvjTWugSQ you can either borrow an AT&t sim card or get the prepaid sim card for like $5 and activate it without a plan. Once it has BYOD software you dont need at&t sim card anymore and your phone will become verizon.