JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Vibration Patterns for each individual apps?

(Topic created: 06-24-2020 04:48 AM)
JordanM82
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is the first phone that I have used that I can't seem to find a way to change the vibration and notifications by app. Every app uses the same pattern for vibration and I can't tell what kind of notification I have received without picking up and looking at my phone.

How can I get this changed? I used to be able to even customize by contact on other devices I've used.

This is a major drawback on this device for me.

5 Replies
userFVVWeFRz3y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed... i upgraded from a $60 LG walmart phone to a $400 Samsung note 8... and cannot set vibration pattern per app... wow, is all i can sy

Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@JordanM82

We can set custom notification tones and vibration patterns for each individual contact.

Open the phone app, contacts or open the contacts app in the apps drawer. 

Select a contact and open it. At the bottom of the screen select edit. 

Now on the edit screen scroll down to the item titled View More and select it. Once the customization screen opens scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see the options for customizing this contacts ring tone and vibration pattern.

Best regards, 

CLF Screenshot_20200624-073621_Contacts.jpg

user4MknY6nAzk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I appreciate you can set individual notifications for contacts but what people want is to be able to distinguish what app is notifying us. For example a short single vibration can be assigned to all incoming emails. A double vibration for sms and a triple vibration for WhatsApp. This would indicate what is being received without the need to look at the phone and without the need to individually assign alerts to every contact. 

userDECH56QMjO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any updates? I think its ridiculous this feature still isn't standard in Samsung when Apple has used it for nearly a decade. I shouldn't have to navigate the menu every time I get buzzed just to figure out what it means and how important it is. This should be a standard feature.

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes