cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StormE
Asteroid

Video Calling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone please tell why with all these cameras on my S10+, why can't I make regular video calls without using an app? Did I not turn something on?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Video Calling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Video calling is a Carrier Specific Feature. In order to use Video calling from your Natvie Phone app, the carrier must authorize the feature and allow it as a feature on your account with them. If they don't support the feature, a third party app would be required in order to make video calls. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

14 REPLIES 14
uservtIxznPUUf
Cosmic Ray

I want to know that my self

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to know that my self

TROUBLE1ON1
Constellation

Right

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Video Calling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to go into your dialer then the 3 dots in the top right corner then settings and scroll down to see if Video Calling is Toggled on that should give you the option when your in the dial and select the contact it should have a icon for video 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Highlighted
userCSdX1bRuWa
Constellation

if you have verizon you can call other verizon android ph...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

if you have verizon you can call other verizon android phones without the use of a app, i believe tmobile is same way just dont know how tmobile works, for verizon is shows a video camera on the contacts

StormE
Asteroid

I have T-Mobile & thank you guys for your responses. I wa...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have T-Mobile & thank you guys for your responses. I was very leery asking the question but I figured who else would know but other S10+ users. It's just baffling to me that it isn't just up there with audio call like on my S9+.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I have T-Mobile & thank you guys for your responses. I wa...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use google duo for all of my video calling its the easiest i think

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

StormE
Asteroid

I don't even see video calling as an option under my sett...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't even see video calling as an option under my settings. And I'm forced to use Duo & WhatsApp but I shouldn't have. My favorite feature on our Samsung phones was being able to switch from audio to video call with ease. @samsung What's up? I NEED SOME ANSWERS! And thanks again everyone for your responses. And I've had this phone for over a month, I know I've tried everything.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I don't even see video calling as an option under my sett...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i would contact your cell carrier because it should be there here are the steps 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Turn Video Call On / Off - HD Voice

Caution Caution:

• HD Voice isn't recommended if you use a 1X/3G Network Extender or a TTY/TDD device.
  • HD Voice on the smartphone must be turned on if you use a 4G Network Extender.

1. From a Home screen, tap the Phone icon Phone icon (lower-left).
    Note If not available, swipe up or down from the center of the display then tap Phone Phone icon.
  2. Tap the Menu icon Menu icon (upper-right).
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap the Video Calling switch to turn on Switch on or off Switch off.
    Note HD Voice must be turned on to turn video calling on or off.
  5. If presented, review the notification then tap OK to confirm.

Note 9 User

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I don't even see video calling as an option under my sett...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@StormE  One other question is your phone carrier locked or unlocked 

Note 9 User