Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Video chat

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everyone knows about duo from google..

BUT WHY AND HOW have we gotten all the way to S10 with another update btw and not been able to video chat cross mobile carriers.

Atnt should be able to video chat t mobile, and Verizon to atnt, and atnt to sprint..

FIX THIS PLEASE.. it makes no sense that iphone can do this..

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Video chat

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier Video Chat is limited to the specified carrier. In rare cases you can VC between carrier and MVNO (TMobile & Metro); however the decision is not Samsung's to make. They don't dictate whether RCS and VC function across carriers. If you want this to change you'll have to strong-arm each carrier into complying. Good luck with getting Big Red & AT&T to play nice with anyone. 

iOS has its own messaging and video platform, whereas Google never centralized these features to Google Messenger, nor any particular Android. That's why messaging on Android is messy. Hangouts was killed, and with Google you never know how long a product will last. 

We have apps like Telegram, Duo, WhatsApp, IG, & Snapchat. These are commonly used platforms around the world with video. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

iPhone has an app. Android has lots of apps. Skype and hangouts are the big names. They are cross carrier and probably even have an app for your iPhone friends. Samsung could, however, release a Samsung branded video app, but there would be no reason to make a communications app limited to one android manufacturer, and other manufacturers would not likely invite a Samsung app onto their phones. This probably wouldnt happen, and what we got now is an app by the "owners" of android that works on all carriers(and even iPhones)

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand all of that hence why I said everyone knows about it. I'm asking since they came out with the video chat feature. You know like how yu can go to one of your contacts and if they have a galaxy and the same carrier for instance both atnt, the video icon would be available instead of the video icon with an x on it because we dont have the same carrier. My question is why all the updates and not this one being solved? @samsung

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier Video Chat is limited to the specified carrier. In rare cases you can VC between carrier and MVNO (TMobile & Metro); however the decision is not Samsung's to make. They don't dictate whether RCS and VC function across carriers. If you want this to change you'll have to strong-arm each carrier into complying. Good luck with getting Big Red & AT&T to play nice with anyone. 

iOS has its own messaging and video platform, whereas Google never centralized these features to Google Messenger, nor any particular Android. That's why messaging on Android is messy. Hangouts was killed, and with Google you never know how long a product will last. 

We have apps like Telegram, Duo, WhatsApp, IG, & Snapchat. These are commonly used platforms around the world with video. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post