cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdIMRamDYyP
Constellation

Voice Over USB C

My name is Joseph, and I own a Galaxy S10e from Verizon. I was planning on buying SteelSeries's newest headset, the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless. The headset uses a wireless USB-C dongle to plug into your phone. I was planning on buying it until I noticed that at the bottom of their page they said "Samsung Galaxy phones prior to the Galaxy Note 10 do not have voice functionality via USB-C for any peripherals at this time. This means that you can hear your media such as games, music, and videos, but will not be able to use any USB-C products for voice calls or voice chat." My question to you guys is if and when an update will come to allow voice over USB-C on the GS10e, or is it a hardware problem?

1 REPLY 1
Black Hole

Re: Voice Over USB C

@userdIMRamDYyP wrote:

My name is Joseph, and I own a Galaxy S10e from Verizon. I was planning on buying SteelSeries's newest headset, the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless. The headset uses a wireless USB-C dongle to plug into your phone. I was planning on buying it until I noticed that at the bottom of their page they said "Samsung Galaxy phones prior to the Galaxy Note 10 do not have voice functionality via USB-C for any peripherals at this time. This means that you can hear your media such as games, music, and videos, but will not be able to use any USB-C products for voice calls or voice chat." My question to you guys is if and when an update will come to allow voice over USB-C on the GS10e, or is it a hardware problem?

I may not have the answer you are looking for, but I have noticed that phones with headphone jack and USB C connector behave a bit differently on the audio front then phone with just USB C.