cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userkNmq0fL39L
Astronaut

Re: WIFI Keeps Toggling Off

I just figured this out, at least for me. After Pie update my wifi setting got changed to metered instead of original setting unmetered. (Metered means it will stop your data once it gets to set limit) This cause the wifi to continuously jump on and off all the time... You have to go into your wifi and click on your network and go to advanced. Make sure tab on bottom is set to "Treat as unmetered network" and click save... Boom.... No drop. Hope this helps...did it to me on my note 8 and 9...think it was more Samsung issue than Android. But this works... 👍👍👍

userDwuQ1nF6gB
Astronaut

Wifi keeps turning off

My s10 plus thru Verizon keeps turning wifi off. I've checked and no apps are turning it off and happens randomly at work and at home. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wifi keeps turning off

Have you verified that Wi-Fi has been removed from sleeping apps in the battery settings?

JustMarvelous
Constellation

I confirmed wifi is not set to sleep. Okay I have Samsung Lou, Cole, Rei, Que, Adam.... Screenshot_20190509-211703_Device care.jpg

Do you have Wi-Fi power saving mode turned on or any bixby routines that execute based on location? 

JustMarvelous
Constellation

No on either but good question. Screenshot_20190509-212037_Settings.jpg

userJRdcvkePza
Astronaut

Same issue, same phone. Google Fi is the carrier (actually via TMobile). It's particularly annonying since Google charges me for any data I use. The same thing is also happening on my wife's S10+ as well.

userOJsBB015v3
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue on the S10 I got about a week ago.

userl86PBwdrIA
Asteroid

I'm having very similar issue since I've moved to S10.. Every other night wifi turns off Smiley Sad(.. Interesting thing is that my wife doe snot have this problem..

JustMarvelous
Constellation

I am getting a replacement phone next week from my carrier. Samsung and Tmobile could not fix the issue. The phone is still under warranty. The phone is being delivered to the store and I will go there to turn in the current phone I have with the issues. I will not be transferring settings from current phone to the new phone. My files are all stored on my SD card and backed up in the cloud. Just will have to go through the pain of setting up all my email accounts and various other apps for travel and work. Hopefully the new phone will be void of bugs.