cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Anastasia_
Asteroid

WIFI Turning Off

My WIFI keeps turning off on its own. I spent several hours trying to resolve this with 3 chats and a call. Very frustrating because it only stopped for like 3 days and now happened today and yesterday. Please help this is super annoying. I never turn it off

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WIFI Turning Off

Is the Wi-Fi switch actually toggling to the Off position, or is the phone just disconnecting from the Wi-Fi?

_Anastasia_
Asteroid

Turning off as stated. Not disconnecting from connection. Off completely

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tested the phone in Safe Mode to see if it turns off then? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Although it is not convenient at all, it will at least tell us if it is software or hardware related.

_Anastasia_
Asteroid

I don't see how I can test this theory because it just happens randomly. The rep at Sprint had me do something and it hadn't happened in almost a month and just did it yesterday once and today once. He said this is a known issue with S10 and plus

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Testing the phone in Safe Mode would let you know if there is something 3rd party causing it to turn off. This is not a known issue so troubleshooting would be necessary to narrow down the possibilities so that we can figure out the best resolution.

_Anastasia_
Asteroid

I turned it on but see no way to tell.. There are no instructions to tell me how to test it from here? @SamsungRei 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Can you go into your settings, advanced, Bixby routines a...

Can you go into your settings, advanced, Bixby routines and see if you have a routine turned on that automatically turns wifi off? Mine does that when it detects I'm in my car, among other scenarios.

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
_Anastasia_
Asteroid

Re: Can you go into your settings, advanced, Bixby routines a...

I don't use Bixby. It's off. But ty 😀

Raptors2019
Asteroid

I have the exact same issue!

This is really frustrating... Samsung needs to get a patch asap.