cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Wallpaper issue

My Galax S10+ performed a software update this morning and the ability to have the changing wall paper seems to have been removed. My lock screen still cycles through wall papers and images but the home screen back ground is just one image. Is this me or am I missing a way to make it change again? It was a feature I really enjoyed and would like to have it back if possible! Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wallpaper issue

Hi there, If your device has gone though a software update, make sure you restart your device. If the symptom still persists, try wiping the cache partition. 

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device

Please let me know if you continue to experience these symptoms.

Highlighted
Asteroid

What the heck Samsung?? On what basis do you push updates to your end users? Do you not perform any tests before you push updates on millions of phone? Or do you have 5th graders as testers (no offence to 5th graders but these corporates go for cheap untrained, unskilled contractors just to save few bucks)? How come you COMPLETLEY REMOVE  a function from the users phone? I spent several hours tying to change my wallpaper on home screen until I thought of posting here. What kind of test do you go through before pushing updates? And I bet there is no fix yet? How many months do you need to fix a bug? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Will wiping the cache loose any photos or videos stored on the device?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I did as suggested but am still missing how/where to enable the changing wallnpaper on the home screen. Perhaps the latest update has removed that feature?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming. I also tested the options on another device. It does seem the feature has been removed, at least for now. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.