cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i81hirschibar
Astronaut

Warning Camera Failed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure what's happening, but it's been happening since the last software update at the start of July. Every now and then when I open the Camera, it will have the response of about 1 FPS for a few seconds, then it will crash and show Warning Camera Failed. When I open it a second time, it works just fine. It has to crash first in order to work properly. Any word on what's happening and a possible fix??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shaunw
Constellation

Re: Warning Camera Failed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  I have narrowed it down to Snapchat causing the camera to fail.  Everytime I go into snapchat and then go back to the camera, I get the message.

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried to force stop and clear the cache on the camera app?

GalaxyNut
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been happening for me as well all this month. I thought I had a fix and it worked for a few days...then it turned south and kept failing again. I have a 10 plus/Verizon/US version if that at all matters to moderators on this site. I've tried clearing cache partition, soft resets, safe mode, turning off some apps or removing, adjusting permissions, bixby tweaks, clearing camera app data and cache, only to come up empty. I have determined it can't be fixed by me and it was some error in code in the June update. Not everyone has had this issue, but it needs to be addressed & fixed.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

i81hirschibar
Astronaut

I just did that and we'll see if that helps. Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just did that and we'll see if that helps. Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I just did that and we'll see if that helps. Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Keep us posted.

shaunw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  I have narrowed it down to Snapchat causing the camera to fail.  Everytime I go into snapchat and then go back to the camera, I get the message.

userTVI6J1c9Jx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't use Snapchat and I have the exact problem described by @AmandaMendez on my S10+.

Samsung needs to fix this ASAP, given the price of this phone.

user7vP2U3DAIA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First I want too say I am a loyal Samsung phone and Tablet owner. Currently have 2 tablets Tab 3 Tab 4 and never knew why they took away the samsung that had that sliding tray but the brought it back in the s7edge I forgot what samsung phone it happened too me with the camera failing but it was very irritating because it got too the point where I couldnt even use the camera and i needed it for work.   have had various  issues with s7edge there were little issues and quirks not enought to have them replace it verizon just wanted to troubleshoot the heck out of it.  This went on for over a year it wasnt until my screen cracked and they had to send me a replacement that I realized how bad my phone really was.  s9 and currently on the 2nd s10 Seems like Verizons fix is to upgrade you and sell you a new phone even though i was still covered under Asurions insurance.  I gave in... purchasing the new S10 phone, even though I couldn't afford it,  because  of work.   I was sick and tired of spending hours talking/troubleshooting with Verizon/Asurion and having issues with replacements.        At one point I know Verizon gave me someone elses defective phone as a new phone because i couldnt login to my samsung acct on my "New Phone" Galaxy S10 because the previous owner needed to remove their account.  

usermUjJuR8gZw
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the same situation.

@shaunw wrote: