cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mtiede
Galaxy

Way to unlock ONLY by using the "power" button?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So currently my wife and I have our phones using the AOD.  When the phone is laying on a desk and we pick it up, it goes through the unlock process.  But my wife only wants it to be turned on via the "power" button.  When she has the phone in her purse and has it laying down, the phone turns on when she lifts the purse up.

Is there a way to ONLY power "off" and "on" using the button on the right side?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Way to unlock ONLY by using the "power" button?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So disable lift to wake on both phones, then leave AOD enabled. That way it won't initiate the lockscreen on pickup.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So disable lift to wake on both phones, then leave AOD enabled. That way it won't initiate the lockscreen on pickup.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Mtiede
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I thought that was the case and I poked around in settings for a while and couldn't find anything.  I'll search for "lift".  Maybe I didn't try that yesterday.

... time passes ...

Ah, there it is.  Thanks.

izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In settings > advanced features > motions and gestures > lif to wake. Make sure it is disabled. Then phone will not be active when picked up. You can also disable double tap to wake to prevent waking up the phone when touched accidentally. 

If a response solves your query, please make sure to hit "Accept as Solution" and drop some love. Enjoy!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
Mtiede
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your answer.  I already got it from another answer.  But I liked that you have the full path to where that option was.  Good to get familiar with the hierarchy, though once I knew the magic word was "lift", I just searched to find it.

Thanks again.