cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecox39
Cosmic Ray

Web Master

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no Forum option so I'm posting this here.  Would someone move it to a place wher it might get seen by a webmaster

The only place my password (PW) works is when I login at samsung.com.  From there I drill down to get to the community.

If I click the link in the email notification I got I am taken to  the message:  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/XL-data-entry-on-phone-app/m-p/582381#M14880

Where I must Sign In.   But when I click the Sign In option and enter my username and PW, and hit Log In,  the Sign In window reappears and I find myself caught up in a loop. 

Thinking maybe there is a different PW for the community I hit "forgot my password" but that takes me here
Where there is no option to enter my email address in order to reset my password.

So I end up logging in from Samsung.com, drilling down to the commodity, then drilling down to find the post that was responded to in the email.

I tried the link in MS edge and it worked!  So this is a Chrome Issue. 

Michael
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Web Master

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey Michael, How's your day going so far? The community login uses the same credentials as your Samsung account. I see that you've isolated the issue to Google Chrome. This isn't an issue with the site, this will be within Chrome itself, likely on your specific device/machine. Please do the following: * Clear Google Chrome history and cache (I'd even reboot after clearing this.) * Make sure Chrome is up-to-date Those two should resolve the issue. (I'm using Chrome and just signed in from within the community home page.) Have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reporting this. Our accounts team would be better able to assist you with this predicament. You can reach them by calling 855-795-0509.

mikecox39
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The options menu isn't working so I can't edit the message and add this error message Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page.
Michael
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hey Michael, How's your day going so far? The community login uses the same credentials as your Samsung account. I see that you've isolated the issue to Google Chrome. This isn't an issue with the site, this will be within Chrome itself, likely on your specific device/machine. Please do the following: * Clear Google Chrome history and cache (I'd even reboot after clearing this.) * Make sure Chrome is up-to-date Those two should resolve the issue. (I'm using Chrome and just signed in from within the community home page.) Have a great rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
mikecox39
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks, that worked! But now there is the issue of the "Like" and "accept solution" options. Nothing happens when I click "like" and I get an error popup when I click "accept". something about Java.
Michael