JUMP TO SOLUTION

20190827_154022.jpg

C

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: What is this P icon on my lock screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. Can you unlock the phone, and pull down the status bar? Doing so will reveal details for all notifications. 

The P is generally used by Android System (core process), so it could be an indicator for a number of things. For example it appears when a phone is connected to a PC, since the user has to manually pick alternate modes. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
10 REPLIES 10
Constellation

Bixby

userx3aYaxZT1S
Constellation

Re: Bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can it be removed or what exactly is its purpose 

@1776 wrote:

Bixby

user2leSXafDlH
Asteroid

Android Pie.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Android Pie.

userx3aYaxZT1S
Constellation

Re: Android Pie.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a way for it to be removed what is its purpose 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. Can you unlock the phone, and pull down the status bar? Doing so will reveal details for all notifications. 

The P is generally used by Android System (core process), so it could be an indicator for a number of things. For example it appears when a phone is connected to a PC, since the user has to manually pick alternate modes. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userx3aYaxZT1S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes i am able to unlock the phone. Its jus weird because first i restart the phone and when it turns bk on it shows the the P icon. But after i unlock it the P icon is automatically gone. My boyfriend was questioning if had placed a tracker or some kind of spyware on the phone. I assured him i had no idea wht the icon was about thank you !

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userx3aYaxZT1S, I hope you're doing well.

As my partner @Leinz stated, this is caused by the Android Core System. The reason this icon is there after the phone boots is to notify you that in order for the device to finish booting, you'll need to unlock it. This is part of the encryption process and clears once you enter your password.

I hope me and @Leinz have been able to help and provide you with the proper information you needed.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userrOHw1OWxRT
Constellation

Its Pandora

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its Pandora

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userx3aYaxZT1S 

Usually that icon shows up when an android pie update is finishing the update, in this case maybe when the device restarted a security update was installed, and when the device was on it was finalizing the update, the icon was there for indication as update was finished the icon disappeared. So it is nothing to worry about and everything must be fine.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.